69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

12 hours ago, machm1970 said:

Spent a couple hours polishing the grill for my hood scoop.

I remember that task!  Took longer than I wanted, but came out looking great.  Mine had overspray from the original paint job on it.  Did yours?

19 hours ago, Caseyrhe said:

Me and my son went to a Fathers Day Car Show, took the People's Choice Award

Congrats! Looks like some stiff competition.

It was a top 30 show, 158 cars. The purple challenger scored 970 earlier this year, 30 points shy of a perfect concourse score. Most folks just don't see much in originality, they all want chrome and mods. 

fixed my window regulators a little bit, re-tighten and replaced some bolts and re-lubricated the Window gears, the window now rolls up without any bind or rattle and closes perfectly! and now my car 

3 hours ago, RPM said:

Mike, can the engine be installed with the radiator there, or is this just a trial fit?

Bob, if I was just going to drop in the engine & I was very careful I could do it but I have no where to store it so it is temporarily installed. 

10 hours ago, Caseyrhe said:

Hey Mike, how about the trunk....

Intake manifold, headlight fender extensions, spare tire rim, & some other assorted parts, sooo no room there. I only have a 1 car garage that is sharing its space with other stuff & no basement is why most of the work takes place in the driveway.  I did build over the garage door storage for larger parts.

54323-3-7-17-rear-end-assembly-removed.j

55034-5-26-13-over-head-storage-built-ga

On 6/18/2017 at 6:14 PM, Caseyrhe said:

Me and my son went to a Fathers Day Car Show, took the People's Choice Award

IMG_6854.JPG

IMG_6856.PNG

IMG_6850.JPG

Congrats Casey! I gotta little love for the Mopars too and that 70 Challenger next to you is gorgeous as well!

On 7/1/2017 at 6:52 AM, Mike65 said:

Intake manifold, headlight fender extensions, spare tire rim, & some other assorted parts, sooo no room there. I only have a 1 car garage that is sharing its space with other stuff & no basement is why most of the work takes place in the driveway.  I did build over the garage door storage for larger parts.

54323-3-7-17-rear-end-assembly-removed.j

55034-5-26-13-over-head-storage-built-ga

And jeez Mike, I don't know how you do it! I've got a 24'x26' shop with an upstairs and I'm crying because it ain't big enough. I'm just a big ole cry baby!!! 

2 hours ago, Machspeed said:

And jeez Mike, I don't know how you do it! I've got a 24'x26' shop with an upstairs and I'm crying because it ain't big enough. I'm just a big ole cry baby!!! 

Agreed, me too.  And RESPECT for Mike!  that's a tough space to restore a car in!

4 hours ago, JayEstes said:

Agreed, me too.  And RESPECT for Mike!  that's a tough space to restore a car in!

Yep, I'm in total agreement. After seeing many guys rebuild cars with much more rust than mine, and do it in cramped quarters or in the drive way, I feel blessed and accept the fact that I'm a whimp. I've got 725 sq ft that I feel is way small, but will convert an attached 250 sq ft bedroom for a dirty room for machine work, welding and cutting.

On 6/30/2017 at 2:47 PM, Mike65 said:

Made a couple mounting brackets & mounted the Contour dual electric cooling fans on the radiator & reinstalled the radiator.

54956-6-24-17-ford-contour-dual-electric

54964-6-25-17-reinstalled-radiator.jpg

Is there a write-up on this mod? Looks like a good fit.

Desertdave, I have not found a complete write up on it, I went by info I read on VMF where the OP listed the wiring, fan controller, & fuses he used plus some completed pics. http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/mod-custom-forum/1001130-24-inch-radiator-crammed-into-65-a.html

Also in the build thread of a member here MN69Grande, he describes how he mounted it to the radiator along with some pics. Scroll about half way down page #-5 in his build thread for the pics & info. 

Kind of a task I finally got around to. I put Scat ProCar Rallyes in my car when I restored it 5 years ago, and the original rear seat vinyl was OK but kind of worn with a split in the hump. Scat now offers fabric to match their seats, so I got some fabric last fall and sent the seats off to a local upholstery guy. Got em back last weekend and here they are.

DSC_5112.jpg

Looks very nice Max. Pretty cool that Scat is smart enough to offer the material.

Every time I read about Scat products it reminds me of when I was building my engine with a Scat stroker crank. I didn't have Scat's link saved so I googled scat, yikes! Then there was the time I needed to look up David Keep toploader transmissions who's name I'd forgotten, so I googled toploader tranny, double yikes! I still learn something ever day.

3 hours ago, RPM said:

Looks very nice Max. Pretty cool that Scat is smart enough to offer the material.

Every time I read about Scat products it reminds me of when I was building my engine with a Scat stroker crank. I didn't have Scat's link saved so I googled scat, yikes! Then there was the time I needed to look up David Keep toploader transmissions who's name I'd forgotten, so I googled toploader tranny, double yikes! I still learn something ever day.

LOL....yeah....you have to be more specific. Scat makes the kits for specific apps for common cars like Mustangs and Camaros, but you can just get the raw materials as well, I believe. Of course, the upholstery guys always bitch about the fit, but it works pretty well. Come to think of it, their seat adapters fit pretty crappy as well.

Other project I did last fall was a new ACP radiator. Like the mount and fit on these waaaay better than universal ones.

810_1379_3.jpg