69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Looks good, did you buy a whole kit or piece it together?  I am considering going with a T5 but might opt for a TKO500 or 600 instead.  Either way, I would prefer something other than cable or Z bar.

Today I installed a new stop lamp switch and tail lamp bulbs. 

Also wrestled the headlamp switch.  The rod would not click back in.  I pulled the switch and got it to secure, reinstalled the switch and couldn't get if to clip back in.  I pulled the switch back out, took the knob off of the rod and assembled it outside the car, put everything back together and popped the knob back on the rod.  Kind of like cheating but it worked.

Spent most of yesterday cleaning out the sealer in my front and rear window channels. Not a fun freak'in job! And, anybody that says Ford did not use in sealer around the gasket of the rear window does not know what they are talking about. Read this in a couple posts. 

Still have more cleaning to do. Can anyone recommend a product that will cut that sealer such that I can wipe it out of the channels? I've scraped most of it.  

2 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

If you try cutting it with anything it just gets worse and will smear all over everything ,the dryer it is the better.i use a wood paint paddle and sharpen the end ,it helps cut through it and wont scratch if you slip

Thanks Jim, but I have almost all of the sealer removed. Want something now that I can spray on it to wipe out the residual to access clean metal. Don't care if it damages paint. I've tried lacquer thinner, didn't do much.      

Earlier this week I ordered the Ford Contour dual electric cooling fan assembly & it arrived Thurs with one of the stock mounting tabs broken off (that I was going to remove anyway) & a 1" piece broken out of the shroud. I contacted the company I purchased it from & told them there was NO packing to protect the unit. I received an e-mail late yesterday stating they are sending me another one & do NOT want the old one back & told me to dispose of it any way I like.