69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

On 4/22/2017 at 1:39 PM, JayEstes said:

I think the trophy will go to the nearly perfect 70 mach1 to my right tho..  it's ok tho- I still think the new red beats the old red..

Sure enough, but 2nd place is not bad when you're a standard coupe sitting next to a concourse 70 Mach 1...

Good day for her first ever show.

2017-04-22 16.15.24.jpg

Thank you.  bear in mind It is an almost all stock rebuild, coupe, with AC and power brakes.  I gave it TWO distinct upgrades-  paint and classic wheels, but otherwise these cars are a dime a dozen - my Marti  shows it to be one of tens of thousands -  just shows you what a gem this line of automobiles is - you can't take away hose "perfect lines", and I have yet to see many - if any car model - beat the looks.

well people I did the first upgrade on our 1970 coupe 302.

previous owner had 4.10 gears in the rear end, so we ended up going to a more of a cruise gear.

I decided to go with 3.55's. the coupe still has a 8 inch rear end, C4 and ORIGINAL engine factory disc brakes and A/C that is missing parts and pieces. I decided to change the tired leaf springs and went with new ones. also changed all the bearings in the rear end.

when I turned the 3rd member in to get the ring and pinion set the guy told me I had a locker in it.

I did notice some odd things when I was driving like one tire chirping at times going around the corner so after some research I came to the point that it has a Detroit locker in it. she does the clicking sounds etc. unless its different I like to hear the options. also if I go from drive to reverse it locks hard.

next will be the front end with new bushings etc.

Edited by henkster
grammar issues

So got an email from UPS,my top loader parts will not be here today .It says friday or monday ....why am i aways waiting for parts?

I ordered all the sheet metal a couple of months ago to do a fastback conversion on my 70 coupe and still nothing,when will the madness end?

Oh UPS,you sneaky devils. I go out for lunch and come back and what do i find?Haha ,my top loader parts !some one was yanking my chain,now i have to get the parts to my buddies shop ,and if he isnt to busy i may have a fully assembled and rebuilt .....TOP LOADERRRRR!!

If my sheet metal comes in i am going to drop dead on the spot

20170504_123642.jpg

20170504_124101.jpg