69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Depends on what year and what you plan on doing to it.

Not that older haha. 74 dentside shortbed with a 390. I'll end up dropping it, and throwing in a stout Windsor. It's amazing how much cheaper stuff for it is when compared to stang parts.

I'm in the parts buying group. Picked up a couple of Aeromotive fuel filters and some fittings, engine gasket kit, heater box seal kit, air cleaner assembly, and miscellaneous hardware.

A while back, in a desire to go to a dry sump oil system, I acquired an used Patterson 3 gallon aluminum oil tank. I disassembled it a few weeks ago to clean it up. There were a few dents in it that I gently tapped out. The bottom half had too much surface damage to polish it back so I've sanded smooth, primed & filled, wet sanded, prime & filled again. Needs wet sanded and primed again. The clamp holding the halves together was anodized but also had a lot of surface damage. I sanded the pieces and used JB weld to fill all the damage. I sanded and primed last night. I have some high temp aluminum silver paint from KBS to paint the tank. The clamp will get a coat of the KBS then some Duplicolor anodized style (can't remember what it's called) paint. I don't have any pics but will take some when done.

Depends on what parts.  If you bought a NOS rotor button for the distributor then no.  

Lets see.  New Strut Rods and bushings.  A switch to mount to the shifter column to operate the Gearvendors manual engage.  New Oil pressure sending unit (after market).  Springs for the Holley 4150 secondaries.  And while I didn't just order it I have a door wiring harness on the shelf that needs to be installed.

But not that you mention it I might look at the rotor but I think with 3k on it, most likely it's OK.

Not that older haha. 74 dentside shortbed with a 390. I'll end up dropping it, and throwing in a stout Windsor. It's amazing how much cheaper stuff for it is when

compared to stang parts.

As long as you integrate the 69 side scoops into the bed. That's a good year. Anything other then the late 50s real early 60s will do.

Wow, Mach1Rider that's a hard one. Was one of the reasons because there weren't enough paved roads in the back country :)  How has the relocation transition been, any new hobbies?

I hope you still visit this site from time to time. You were my biggest help when I first started my project.  A Very BIG Thank You to you!! I wish you all the best.

Well after 18 years and a whole lot of work building her.......I SOLD IT today!

First Rsmach1 and now you??? What the heck is going on? Ya, you guys need to stick around and share your knowledge. I don't think a Mustang pink slip is required for membership :)

Yes it was a hard to make the call but after staring at the trailer she was hibernating in for 3 years I felt she needed to be driven.

Found a guy that came over from the Chevy side and has the knowledge on how to maintain her. So off to a new home 75 miles away.

The move was a new start and the house building is going slow because of the weather, but it was worth it to be out in the woods away from the crazy city people and the rules.

My new hobby is getting back into horses, My daughter is back with us after the moron kicked her to the curb when she found out she has MS.

She has always been into horses till she married and now I am hoping to spend some time with her before she can not ride.

We built a barn area and corral, found a trailer with living quarters to haul them to gaming shows and trail riding events.

Hoping to make up for the lost time when she was growing up and I had to work too many hours.

Not to worry, I will be hanging around here because I like the group and will help out when I can.

My next car restore when i get the workshop built will be a 1970 Datsun Roadster 2000. My past away father in law bought it off the show room floor and gave it to my wife six years later.

So it will not be sold after done because of family ties.

I've had a heck of a time getting the doors and shafts out of my heater box. I finally decided to soak it in Evaporust. Hopefully today I'll get time to try and separate the pieces.