69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

If the roads dry out in the next couple hours the Mustang goes into the shop to have the 2.79 rear changed over to 3.55 True track (3rd member purchased last month), the Transmission selector shaft to be resealed, and the Gearvendors unit to be installed.  So I'll get her back a completely different driving car... and into storage for winter she will go.  But I didn't want to have 2k worth of parts rusting in the garage better in then out I think.  I have to admit I was relieved yesterday when they called and said the used unit checked out A-OK.  Got it for 1/2 what a new one costs but if it had to be switched out that would have eaten up any savings.

the Gearvendors unit to be installed.  

I really hope you do at least a short write up on the gear vender...Good or Bad...

I want to keep my top loader and still have over drive.The vender unit in the end is also less money..Not that it matters at this point in the game..

DUDE! I reached level 147 only 210 to go!.....And the band played on...... 

Installed the rag joint on the rebuilt steering box, installed the battery tray, & started removing the seats & the parts I store in the car so I can apply the first coat of Master Series Silver paint to the floor pans.

Yesterday with a few good suggestions from our great forum members I was able to get the old strut rod bushings out of my Coupe.

53721-11-04-16-to-able-to-remove-old-str

I feel like a kid in a candy store now, I have the OTR adjustable strut rods coming today, & my power disc brake conversion kit coming on Monday. :)

Applied the second coat of Master Series Silver paint to the interior.

53725-11-06-16-applied-second-coat-maste

Shot the heater box with 2K aerosol clear.

53723-11-06-16-rear-reconditioned-heater

Installed the newly detailed used blower motor & heater box to cowl seal & blower motor to firewall seal.

53724-11-06-16-front-reconditioned-heate

Saturday I replaced some cheap 1/4" thick Grab-A-Trac Polyurethane upper coil spring insulators with  nice 3/8" thick Scott Drake insulators.  Then I found out the Scott Drake insulators will not fit over the spring pocket in the shock tower.  Even without being slipped onto the spring, no amount of brute force will get them to fit.  Again, I am at a loss, why can't they make parts that fit the application.  Today, I am trying some Global West brand insulators. 

Finished installing the new water pump, thermostat, Contour electric fan with a Dakota Digital fan controller and factory wiring harness, new pulleys with 6 rib belt, and 3G alternator. Wiring everything took much longer than expected (finding room and hiding everything makes is a pain when it comes to connecting wires) and I had to move the radiator forward one inch but it all works with no leaks (at least not yet) and the fans come on when expected; never got about 195.

Aesthetically, looks much better and the new alternator will allow for further electrical upgrades if needed. Very pleased with the results and owe a lot to the forum for being able to figure everything out.

Car no longer needs work. Looks and feels brand new as is. So all I am left to do now is enjoying it.

We took it last week-end to a major European car show for display. Got a dozen offers on the car. Serious money as well. How proud were we!!

Not selling though. Not after 20 years of happy ownership. I have put too much sweat, blood and tears on that one to let it go. And I honestly never had a classic car that felt this perfect on the road.

G

IMG_7929_zpszvpeopwq.jpg

IMG_7927_zpszkn9r2qx.jpg

IMG_7930_zpsylyifkwq.jpg