69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Took my Mach One on a test drive down the street for two laps for the first time since 1999. Just wanted to make sure the fmx shifted ok since its rebuild in 2000, which it did. Also checked the brakes, steering and suspension. All are aok. It's missing the front body panels and front and rear glass, but I was surprised at how easy the manual steering was compared to my brother's R Code. His engine is all ferrous iron though.

It's now back in the shop to work out a few issues and finish this forever project.

post-5441-0-41431300-1469341272.jpg

post-5441-0-65858400-1469341345.jpg

Last night I pulled the Grant steering wheel.

Today I installed a factory wheel.

IMG_0138_800x600.jpg

This is a wheel I've had laying around since1999, bought it with the car as the one that was on the car at the time was beyond shot. Got it pretty cheap, looks like someone did an amateur resto on it a one point.

Looks like it's cracked again and probably more on the way. No rimblow switch. At least it's a Ford piece. Been wanting to put it in for a while but haven't felt like shelling out $400 to $650 for a resto or repro wheel. Might have to pop for a new pad though.

Stuck a cheap Grant horn button in it for the time being. Fit perfect, like it belonged there. At least I know it won't fall off randomly like the old horn button that came with the Grant wheel.

Still need to find a junk switch to fill the channel, or at least put a wheel skin on it. It'll work until I can do better.

Yesterday actually I finished testing and installing contour fans with a DCC F45 controller.  It's a pretty slick set-up.  I need to get it on the road to see how it handles but those duel fans really move air and fan shroud fits like it was made for the car.  Not sure if I'll still have time this year to do the rear end 3rd member and put in the Gear Vendors.   Life keeps getting in the way of hobbies ;) 

I like the look........It has me Written all over it!

Did you test drive it??

Yes sir, 2 miles down the road 2 miles back. Carb needs a little tuning, but the susension felt great.

Sitting real nice there 1969Fstback!

Thanks, I owe this forum for thatm. Rear blocks from one member, eibach 1" lowering springs from another, arning drop template from a 3rd. Then questions answered. Taking it, my son's 65 c10 and a 63 f100 stepside to car show tomorrow. My son is 9 he's hoping for any kind of plaque.

post-16323-0-79195800-1472252029.jpg

post-16323-0-98892300-1472252147.jpg

Took my Mach One on a test drive down the street for two laps for the first time since 1999. Just wanted to make sure the fmx shifted ok since its rebuild in 2000, which it did. Also checked the brakes, steering and suspension. All are aok. It's missing the front body panels and front and rear glass, but I was surprised at how easy the manual steering was compared to my brother's R Code. His engine is all ferrous iron though.

It's now back in the shop to work out a few issues and finish this forever project.

Man- I'll bet you get a nice breeze thru the cabin with the front and rear window glass gone!

That's a lot of years of sitting dude.  Get that beast out and drive it!

Started the install of the Scott Drake rear window louver and spoiler on my 1970 428CJ. The spoiler did not come with the inside support bracket so I had to order that today. Will post another pic when the job is complete.post-45590-0-77866800-1473294440.jpeg

I don't know if this is good or bad but I've had the dash out so many times in the last year I can get it out in 1/2 hour or less. Takes a little longer to put back in of course. Anyway I had to pull the dash and reconnect the spedo cable. what fun.

Having sold my new carburetors  I had to install my 40+ year old holly 750 after my Fitech failed..

The 6 pin connector burned up and the timing control took a dump and hour from home.

Sorry to say the car has never run this good in a long time..

I really have tried to make FI work.

That is all i have to say on this subject...............  

post-44083-0-57920300-1473616178.jpg

post-44083-0-95070100-1473616224.jpg