69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Nothing crazy today, just a little wash, Polish, and cruise. I really need to get a new set of hood hinges and align this dang hood.

ur making me miss my old Torque thrust wheels... lol Im thinking of buying a new set and have them painted solid black...

Took her to a local body shop to have him check out and quote for paint hen a cruise. Helped my buddy do brakes on his 67. Getting excited!

You have a paint and body guy locally you like?

Where did those attachments come from?

I do...maybe. It's called Double D's Automotive Finishes. Check it out on Facebook. His name is Derick Dugger. I went to high school with him. He's a bit busy though...he puts priority on insurance jobs so restoration paint jobs take a back seat to those.

I may just paint it myself...I'm pretty OCD on this stuff.We will see

Hey guys.  I have had mine in a paint shop near Alvin, TX.  I can see one of you is Houston west side, and the other is Way NW side.

My car is due out of the paint booth wither this week or next...  I'll be able to either make or not-make a recommendation very soon.    The guy has done some amazing repair work on our 71, so that's how he got the job for my 69.  As soon as my 69 get's paint, I can post pictures.

I live near Friendswood, so that is SE corner.  This shop is about 15mins form here.  If interested, let me know.

For the first time in 9 years of living in Texas....I've finally driven my car to work. It used to be my daily out in San Diego buy it was also only 4 miles to work. Here i drive 37 miles each direction in  Texas traffic/heat to downtown Houston. So being a cooler day and lighter traffic (good Friday) I decided it was time. Drove great....a bit of lingering issues i need to address but nothing major. Its good to get it out and get miles on it for sure! The AOD sure is nice on the highway...one of the best mods yet!! 

Rewired the after market Temp, Oil, and Tach gauges.  Moved the wiring for the power windows and locks.  Next Friday I'll tackle putting in the reconditioned underdash harness from Mid-Life.  If the car doesn't end up with an electrical fire when I test it I might put the lower dash on too.  I might have this thing ready to drive when the weather gets good next month.... fingers crossed.

went to check in on the car today, the car is pretty much assembled. I did noticed that the cowl vent was over the lower window trim, told them to fix it. after that, she gots to cut and polish and she's re-released back into the wild.. lol. 

currently looking for a stock replacement fan with a fan clutch. Currently disliking my aftermarket fan..car over heats at idle but cools down when cruising or on freeway even with a fan shroud. 

Installed LED head lamps....Not cheap but WELL worth it.... Now fun to drive in the dark.. 

Bigger alternator with new regulator.

Aluminum lower pulley.

LED overhead console lights. NICE...

Gave the car to my son-in-law for the week while his truck is in the body shop...(Going to be his some day... Kind of)  

Installed LED head lamps....Not cheap but WELL worth it.... Now fun to drive in the dark.. 

Bigger alternator with new regulator.

Aluminum lower pulley.

LED overhead console lights. NICE...

Gave the car to my son-in-law for the week while his truck is in the body shop...(Going to be his some day... Kind of)  

pics?