69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Installed new stainless steel hood pin set on the 70 coupe.  Now they make the originals on my 69 look like dirt.  Another job on the list.....

Changed out a blown brake light on the 69 Mach 1. 

Big day :)   But I had to remove a busted throttle cable from my GSXR1000.  Then drive across town to get a new one, then reinstall it and adjust it.  That killed my day.  I had come from a 120 mile ride, and the throttle cable broke 200 yards from my house.  Lucky...in one way.

I'd like to get some hood pins on my 69.  Which set did you get.  Can you post some pics?

Installed new stainless steel hood pin set on the 70 coupe.  Now they make the originals on my 69 look like dirt.  Another job on the list.....

Big day :)   But I had to remove a busted throttle cable from my GSXR1000.  Then drive across town to get a new one, then reinstall it and adjust it.  That killed my day.  I had come from a 120 mile ride, and the throttle cable broke 200 yards from my house.  Lucky...in one way.

Lucky in multiple ways.  My Victory is in hibernation for a few more months at least.  

Back in a prior life when I was a motor cop, the throttle cable broke when I was several miles from the motor garage.  I found a small twig which I positioned to keep the throttle open so I could limp back in to get it replaced. First attempt was hardly more than an idle. second try was damn near full throttle. As it was a hot summer day and I was sweating pretty good, I stuck with the second one and hauled ass back in. To order to slow down or stop I'd just kill the ignition, then flip it back on when ready to go. It was quite the E ticket ride! More like having an on/off switch than a throttle, but a real kick to ride it.

Pictures??

stock scott drake stainless pins.  The 70 already had some skanky pins installed with R-pins.  I replaced them in the same holes, since a new hood was not in the budget. So it is a 70 with 69 pins.

this CJPP video shows it better than anything I could produce.  However, I already had the pins located on the radiator support, so I did not use the hood bumper bracket, as shown in this video.  Exact same pins.  I think I will be getting another set for my Mach1.

I spent around $600 and a couple of hours fitting new booster and master cylinder and now the brakes are just about *perfect*. The old setup by the previous owner was scary bad and like a light switch, on or off.

Then spent more buying all new emergency brake cables front to back.

This thing better appreciate all my spending :)

Took the windshield out today.  Bought the Harbor Freight  kit, two handles and a wire.  The wire broke several times.  Gave up and went at it with a utility knife.  Came out without breaking, however, I considered breaking anyway since I'm going to replace it. 

Took out the seat risers today, about 60 spot welds.  Used a combination of the Harbor Freight remover and a 4" grinder.  Don't know if I'm using the wrong grinding wheel, but the HF tool was more efficient.  Still on the first side of the bit and it's still going strong.  Still learning how to judge the depth I need to drill, went all the way through on a few.

Took out the seat risers today, about 60 spot welds. Used a combination of the Harbor Freight remover and a 4" grinder. Don't know if I'm using the wrong grinding wheel, but the HF tool was more efficient. Still on the first side of the bit and it's still going strong. Still learning how to judge the depth I need to drill, went all the way through on a few.

I have the 3 1/4 electric cut off tool from harbor freight. I use the thin metal cutoff blades and hold it perpendicular to the spot weld and run it back and forth. You can normally see color change and the too layer will normally pop especially if you have some pressure under it.