69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

I ordered some parts to finish getting the new motor completed... distributor, water pump,

fuel pump, fuel line, hoses, etc. Also ordered a new set of hood hinges (rather than fixing the originals again).

Have a few more things I still need to order, but they can wait for now. Should have most

of the new stuff before the weekend so I can work on the car.

Also Installed these pretty things in a new Bezel

Nice.

I have pretty much the same set up, except I have Phantom II's with the tach and water temp on right, speedo and oil pressure on the left. I also have volt gauge and fuel level where the radio use to be.

My new Holley 570 came in today. Going on tomorrow.

How did this work out?

Fitted one to my pretty stock 302W and found it was very lean on the mains jets.

Had to come up quite few sizes to get it running better.

Halfway through fitting lower front springs and lowering UCA (Shelby Drop)

Found 40 years worth of USA stones and road dirt filling the rail under the UCA.

Have painted rust convertor over the bare steel and will add underseal before bolting it back together.

Have Racing mirrors to be painted/fitted in the next couple of weeks, plus a Mach 1 scoop with turn signal lamps. Centre of hood and scoop to be painted black.

Ordered new grill trim as well, mine has been dented a few times over the years and painted black at some stage.

How did this work out?

Fitted one to my pretty stock 302W and found it was very lean on the mains jets.

Had to come up quite few sizes to get it running better.

It's running much better than it was. I have a new set of wires and cap to put on it. It still seems to be running rich and when I try to engage the secondary it splutters a good bit. So I am either getting too much gas or the spark isn't there or strong enough. When I go to put the wires on I am gonna pull some plugs and check them out.

It's running much better than it was. I have a new set of wires and cap to put on it. It still seems to be running rich and when I try to engage the secondary it splutters a good bit. So I am either getting too much gas or the spark isn't there or strong enough. When I go to put the wires on I am gonna pull some plugs and check them out.

Put in the stiffer Secondary spring which took care of most of my rich and splutter issue. My secondary was coming in way too soon. Have a new cap and wires to put on next, but my duraspark ignition has had a new 1 piece cap put on and the adapter removed. So had to order the adapter. Hoping once those are on it will be smooth.