69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Finished fitting my passenger side qtr skin and tack welded in. Ran a few passes over the driver side qtr skin. I figure all that is needed to finish the driver side is about 4,000,000 more passes and it will be welded solid.

4 million?? C'mon, that is just silly..... you will need more than that....:thumbup:

Good work, it takes commitment to do the bodywork yourself. Just remember how nice it will be driving a car that is 100% solid, and you did it all yourself.

4 million?? C'mon, that is just silly..... you will need more than that....:thumbup:

Good work, it takes commitment to do the bodywork yourself. Just remember how nice it will be driving a car that is 100% solid, and you did it all yourself.

No doubt, so far I have put driver and passenger floors in, new seat risers, rebuilt both door frames, reskined both, shaved both handles, both rear outer wheel houses, both trunk drop offs, and working on the qtr skins. Next will be replacing the roof panel and shaving the drip edges. Back in the 80's someone put a sunroof in. Looks terrible.

I'm inspired... looks like I'll have some wet sanding and polishing in my future.

As for today, I did get a few hours to spend cleaning the engine bay in anticipation of sanding, priming, and painting it this weekend. I also made templates for my shock tower reinforcements. Will probably have a local metal shop cut them out of 1/4" plate, but I'll bend them myself as needed. Overall, not a ton of progress, but every bit counts.

Spot weld pass number 5 of 4,000,000 on passenger side qtr. Pass 40 of 4,000,000 on driver side. Started to remove the tail light panel.

Trying to determine of which is worse creating 4,000,000 spot welds or drilling out 40 spot welds.

Painted my engine bay and my mustang II tubular control arms ford sonic blue. Not bad for a first timer that is learning on the fly. I had two runs and a little dust but no one will see the dust. I thought I had the body work 100% but I had forgotten about one area. Oh well its not s trailer queen.

Yesterday I broke the front windshield on the Coupe. The retainer pin that holds the drop light to the bracket came loose & I didn't notice it, & when I went to pull down the drop light (no pun intended) it came out of the bracket & fell on the windshield cracking it. Oh well it needed to be replaced any way, at least it didn't hit the roof or the fender.

100_0637_zps0f31ca44.jpg