69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Not today, but this past weekend I ordered a few parts so I can finally finish my suspension.

Currently have RAE front coilover kir (with 450# springs I believe, it's been so long), Cobra auto outside shock tower thingies, Cobra auto 1 1/4 front sway bar and cobra auto front subframe connector.

Recently ordered:

- Scott Drake 5 leaf, Reverse Eye (supposedly drops the car 2", reviews said it was more like 1/2")

- Scott Drake Shelby style traction bars

- New shackles, bushings, etc

- Scott Drake Performance rear shocks

- Scott Drake 1" lowering block

- Addco 7/8" rear sway bar

- Sound and heat insulation

I'm hoping I'll be able to get all this done by the end of the week, or early next week. I think the suspension should be about as tight as it will get without subframe connectors.

Besides that, I'm just going to tighten up the suspension here and there to eliminate weak points. I also want to continue from where I left off and do the rear quarter window delete (thinking it will be close to a 50-60 lb drop), that should leave me right around 3000 lbs, I believe.

I'm still debating if I want to try and run 245/60-15 (might even try to risk 255/60-15) up front and 295/50-15 out back, or wait it out and run 18" wheels with some wide, sticky rubber (285 up front, 305 out back) in few months.

I can finally reply to this thread!!

I did a compression check, a leakdown test, pulled my rad, water pump, valve covers, rockers, and intake manifold. Now inspecting valve seals for oil consumption!

Hope to have info one way or another tonight on if my heads are coming off. I hope not.

On Friday 10-26, we took a day off of hunting to get the exhaust work done, and did we get some looks not just because it is loud ( open headers ). It was 28* and 30 mph winds at 7A.M. We only had to go about 10 miles so it wasn't to bad, Oh I don't have a top on yet so my guess is that's why people were giving us the WTF look.

We went with a JBA H-pipe ( had to mod alittle ) 2 1/2 all the way back with Borla XR-1s. There was alot of choice words, but we got it in, About 3hrs.

It sounds good, there is some drone between 50-60, but it goes away after going into 5th.

The down side to being much quieter is, you hear alot of noises that I have to figure out what thay are, but that will have to wait till spring. It's cleaned up and put away for winter..I took some pics and vids and when I find the camera I'll post them.

PS....It doesn't sound anything like Buckeyes, but he has me by about 60 cubes and much more HP...LOL Everyone have a great fall, I'm back to the woods....TZ

Getting parts for the AOD conversion. UPS guy walked up my driveway and brought a couple of presents - B&M Pro-Rachet shifter from Summit and X member from American Powertrian. We'll see if it all fits........

My 69 351 3speed coupe barn find is back on her feet.

(I let my wife do the final "lowering"... she's put up with a lot)

As for the car... let's see...

she's still rough on the outside, but $$ is an object and I'm looking for a daily driver so that will come later.

what's done: all new suspension front and back, new disk brake conversion on the front, power steering rebuild all new hoses, new power brakes, new power booster and MC, all new brake lines. New front seat upholstery and foam. Carb rebuild.... oh yah... a nice fresh oil filter and oil change.

What remains... final carb adjustment and firing her up...

There's still a lot of work that can and needs to be done, but she's rolling again and will be back on the road soon. Where she belongs.

Helped my buddy strip a '93 GT down to the shell. Going to be a drive line transplant into an older Mustang. Had fun picking the body up off of the engine / trans combo. Lifts are cool. Made a mess of my shop though, but worth it.

IMG_20131109_184229_zps353e077b.jpg?t=1384046351