69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

exhaust installed last Friday! I thought open headers were going to be the end of me...

Might be a silly question but what is the silver cable/braided wire on the left in the first picture?

Ya know, sometimes it's the little things that start a project rolling again.

The weekend before last, I primered the TinMan subframe connectors (they were beginning to get surface rust). Yesterday, I measured the maximum travel distance for the 94's clutch cable (1.25"). Today, I removed the 94's alternator wiring harness (without cutting anything) and moved the horns (without the harness) over to the 69. Granted, I'm ages away from needing them.

Chuck

Might be a silly question but what is the silver cable/braided wire on the left in the first picture?

Now you've got me staring closer at his pic. :detective: Looks like some heat insulation insurance for the line coming out of the transmission to me.

finally got around to pulling the t5 out that I put in last summer. it whined like my ex, so figured there were some previous abuse issues. i'll be temporarily installing another spare t5 that has been inspected & checked out o.k. while the other one gets a rebuild to "z" specs with a few other upgrades. opened it up & it has a lot of chipped teeth & broken pieces in the bottom. if the temp tranny works & tests well, i'll start thinking about stripping for paint soon.

t5swap.jpg

So, my PS window is a glue in and fell out of the brackets. Figuring I have an early 70 that has glue in windows and not wanting to continually deal with the hassle, I ordered up the conversion kit to bolt-in for both sides. Well, I have the panel off the PS and bits and pieces laying on the table trying to figure out how to install. I then pull off the DS door panel to get a better idea from a working window and look at it thinking, "I'll pull the bolts off this window to install the DS...wait, bolts?" I realize that after taking some bolts off the PS and exposing the paint underneath, that the door is from a burgandy 69 and was painted grabber blue. Well, that's one less side to deal with. Whats the return policy to CJ Pony...and I love discovering PO nuggets left on the car.

Got back my 2013 Mustang GT calipers and MustangSteve adaptor kit from Top Dog Power Coatings

Also had my rear 2004 Mustang Cobra Rear disc brake adapter from MustangSteve powder coated as well. Just need to get the calipers bought. Steve said that the cobras are the way to go due to the alignment of the e-brake cable

I finally installed a set of Deluxe door panels that I've been working on for about 1 yr. :whistling: There was always something that didn't work right or I needed to buy. They're made by Dashes Direct. Sorry, I cant recommend them because they were a pain in my AZZ!

I also installed a front chin spoiler and I must say it really makes the front view look aggressive. It took about 1 hr.

Next will be to install the 351C that I've been working on. I'm also going to swap the close ratio for a wide ratio for better street manners.

Got back my 2013 Mustang GT calipers and MustangSteve adaptor kit from Top Dog Power Coatings

Also had my rear 2004 Mustang Cobra Rear disc brake adapter from MustangSteve powder coated as well. Just need to get the calipers bought. Steve said that the cobras are the way to go due to the alignment of the e-brake cable

nice job! maybe i'm a little biased....

photo41.jpg