69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

A close up on the polished lens...

So what do you use to polish the soft plastic? I use polishing compound on headlights and such which are harder lexan, it's the tail lamps and other soft plastic that I'm at a loss for.

Bob

So what do you use to polish the soft plastic? I use polishing compound on headlights and such which are harder lexan, it's the tail lamps and other soft plastic that I'm at a loss for.

Bob

I first sanded with 600 grit, 1500 and then 2000 grit. After that i used Autosol Metal Polish and to finish it all up I used Maguiar´s PlastX. I actually did a couple of rounds of Maguiar´s. I think you could get a better result if you use a rotary polishing machine.

1342784_lg.jpg

100_3024_zps462902ad.jpg

100_3023_zps841f7787.jpg

Did away with 15" steering wheel and installed a 13" Grant steering wheel. Kept old center horn. Being a gal with shorter legs I needed some room to bring seat up closer. Works great.

Edited by rawlinss

That dosn't look too bad I think I might try that, where did you get the Pen?

Thanks. I got it at an arts and crafts store. You could try the Sharpie Silver Metallic pen also/instead. I used the UNI just because I couldn't find the sharpie anywhere! Good luck :thumbup1:

And here's a pic with some more done.

Edited by Arvidsson

Thanks. I got it at an arts and crafts store. You could try the Sharpie Silver Metallic pen also/instead. I used the UNI just because I couldn't find the sharpie anywhere! Good luck :thumbup1:

And here's a pic with some more done.

Not Bad, I'll just wait for a day when i dont have the shakes lol:laugh:

Not today, but a day or so ago.

Got some parts in to fix my front brake issue; part of that idea is running a 15/16th brake master cylinder and do a power booster delete.

Also ordered my RAE Racing front coilover kit

Changed from 10w30 to 20w50 and the engine just purrs. No lifters tapping, idles smoother. Guess she doesn't like nonfat milk.

When I first got the stang, first this I did was an oil chance. Running Mobil 10w50; good stuff indeed, the engine is so happy with that type of oil.