69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Worked on transferring the sliders from the original seats to the '98 mustang seats and installed them. Waiting on TMI black vinyl upholstry to come in. Seat height is awesome. Cleaned out the drip rails of all the sealer. After 8 years in the making, she's off to the body shop/paint on Saturday. I choose a 2011 Sterling Gray Metallic with black stripes.

Looks great, got any pics of the brackets?

Worked on transferring the sliders from the original seats to the '98 mustang seats and installed them. Waiting on TMI black vinyl upholstry to come in. Seat height is awesome. Cleaned out the drip rails of all the sealer. After 8 years in the making, she's off to the body shop/paint on Saturday. I choose a 2011 Sterling Gray Metallic with black stripes.

how are the seats? ur head doesn't hit the ceiling?

how are the seats? ur head doesn't hit the ceiling?

No problems. I first placed the original in the car and did a comparison with the 98. Was happy with the fit. Even had the wife sit in the car. Got 2 thumbs up from her.

I drove to go pick up my fiance and got the car towed. :\

Idk what the hell happened, but the brake lines got to hot they started to melt and let fluid out... it was kinda scary because I was envisioning me losing my mustang!

But everything is ok, other than I can't drive it because my brake line is melted through on two ends. Yes.. the metal lines!

Replaced my Holley 4 barrel 600 C50 CFM carb with a Edelbrock 700 CFM carb!

Didn't take as long as I thought, needed a little adjusting (just need to take it to a pro now) to start her up.

Car fires up stronger than ever! She just sounds happier with it... I didn't think it would make a huge difference with the mods I'm running, but she definitely revs to 5k super easy now. Seems like she idles a lot better now too.

I wonder if I'll gain any power?

Replaced distributor vacuum lines that PO had removed and bypassed the valve assembly. Seems to me that she started easier and runs better!

I also adjusted P/S control valve lines, and installed new lamps in the side markers. I'm visible at night now! Unfortunately, the lamp housing on the front passenger side crumbled when I reinstalled the wiring! Time to order a new one....

hung up the new dynacorn passenger door - fits pretty decent - needs a little tweaking.

got some holes drilled in my new hood for the scoop, bagged and tagged some more bolts.. gonna go out today and start her up, listen to her run a bit and get the driver side door started..

Thought about modifying my front end a bit.

For starters, trim the grill so it's kind of like the new Shelby, all open center. Not sure about it yet... we'll see.

The other thing I was planning out was what I'm going to do with that vertical piece of metal that hold the hood latch and connects all the valance and little things together. I no longer have the hood latch, since I have pins, so I was trying to devise a plan to get rid of some of that clutter...

You did WHAT?? That motor was a screamer! Well, I'm sure the new one will be even better. God luck.

Bob

It's getting a few changes, and repairs. My heads had some questionable threads that I'm getting fixed before the track opens. I'd rather deal with them now, than have a problem later.

I've been in touch with Chris Straub, and he's going to do a new cam for me. After some lengthy conversations, I've decided to send the converter in and get it tightened up a little, and between the cam and converter, he thinks we can shave around .2 on motor, and possibly .5 on the bottle. Hopefully we will find out soon.

Got the drivers door panel fit and installed. The Mustang Market panels sure look good installed and the power window and power mirror controls look like they belong there.

I spent quite a bit of time getting the Electric Life power window adjusted. The window operation is speedy with door open but closed is a little slower. The alignment with the quarter window is critical and I had to adjust the window for this.

Edited by miketyler

Went out in cold unheated garage, took the cover off, turned the beast over a few times put cover back on went back in house...Little by little we're trying to figure this computer out hopefully will get some pics on here soon, photobucket, down size, .21 gigawats, bla bla I just don't get it..Even after taking advise from this forum.

I dug out of the boxs the windsheld post mouldings (had to repair one) the top windsheld moulding that I repainted, & the dash plastic end caps (one that I repaired & one will probably be replaced). I also found the under dash light sockets & brackets which I cleaned up like new. I have a spare straight bracket if anyone needs one.

Mike.