69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

just recieved my anvil chin spoiler from CJPP. Unfortunately, there was damage on the top coat. I have to call CJ's to see what they can do for me. I wanted the gloss finish, but they said Anvil was back ordered for months. so if they can't do anything my body shop that I go to will repair it.

I like the fit, but they could've made it more durable, from what I can see it looks like a one ply and any severe bending could probably break it.

here are some pics:

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

I don't know how their other products are, but I think they should've made this a little stronger especially for the price.

just recieved my anvil chin spoiler from CJPP. Unfortunately, there was damage on the top coat. I have to call CJ's to see what they can do for me. I wanted the gloss finish, but they said Anvil was back ordered for months. so if they can't do anything my body shop that I go to will repair it.

I like the fit, but they could've made it more durable, from what I can see it looks like a one ply and any severe bending could probably break it.

here are some pics:

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

I don't know how their other products are, but I think they should've made this a little stronger especially for the price.

Thanks for the details on that chin spoiler! Im pretty disappointed in how thin it is.. glad I didn't spend the money on it!

yea, if anything I would go with Maier racing they just started doing carbon fiber molds to compete with anvil. but since anvil got good reviews on their products from friends on here I figured I try it out and see what they are all about.

New window cranks, locks, turn signal lever, dome light and shift t-bar with a hex bolt so soft that it stripped half way through and now I can't get it back out. Shifter is extremely loose and I installed the button upside down so the neutral safety switch won't engage and car won't start. Cute.

Nice job. What Color is the car. Really looks sharp

Thanks! Its the first time I've done "body work" on the car, I was just hoping I wouldn't destroy it! Lol.

Its a corvette color, dark metallic grey (I believe).

Over the past week I removed the pedal hanger from the Coupe To install the power brake pedal & clutch pedal for the planned upgrades. bth_100_0426_zpsed1ce3d3.jpg

This is what it looked like when I removed it. So I sanded off all the surface rust & coated it with Mastercoat silver rust preventive paint.

bth_100_0428_zps89e3849e.jpg?t=1358103208

Then sprayed it with Rustoleum satin black. All ready for the pedals.

bth_100_0429_zps72aa6adf.jpg?t=1358103238

Worked on transferring the sliders from the original seats to the '98 mustang seats and installed them. Waiting on TMI black vinyl upholstry to come in. Seat height is awesome. Cleaned out the drip rails of all the sealer. After 8 years in the making, she's off to the body shop/paint on Saturday. I choose a 2011 Sterling Gray Metallic with black stripes.

I swapped out my old pitted rear marker lights for some NPD repops.

My custom trunk beauty covers were very simple to get out, however getting behind the passenger side subwoofer turned out to be about an hour of work to get the light off & back on. I should have ordered up some LEDs for the bulbs, I'll do that when the bulbs in there finally die out.