69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

69 Mustang, you want to know if you're pistons are aluminum? I don't think I've ever seen one not made of aluminum. And yes, that is what stock rods look like.

Edited by RPM

I tried to figure out why the left front blinker stays on when the lights are on but blinks when the lights are off. Flashers work and other lights blink but only front left won't while lights are on. Got to the car, stared at it for 10 minutes, then came back inside. Yay progress!

Actually, only four bulbs should blink. The small bulbs on the rear quarters and front valence are corner lights. They don't blink. The bulb shouldn't be the problem since it works correctly when the lights are off. A bulb is either blown or not. I believe the bulbs are dual filament. Maybe the bulb is loose in the socket or there might be some corrosion issues. Not likely but worth a check. Most likely it'll be a wiring issue.

Hi Guys first post here. Doing complete restoration on a 69 mach 1 rust bucket lol...

Started about 6 weeks ago. Here is a link for pictures of the progress and some other cars I've done. I work on the car every day and and add new pictures a least 2 or 3 times a weeks. http://www.vuvox.com/collage/detail/05f2fd5200 Enjoy.

Hi Guys first post here. Doing complete restoration on a 69 mach 1 rust bucket lol...

Started about 6 weeks ago. Here is a link for pictures of the progress and some other cars I've done. I work on the car every day and and add new pictures a least 2 or 3 times a weeks. http://www.vuvox.com/collage/detail/05f2fd5200 Enjoy.

Welcome to the forum! Looks like quite a project. It will be nice once it's done!

Chuck

Awsome, big job but it looks like your well equiped to handle it, I love seeing a car saved from scraping and being reborn. keep us posted.

Attempted to reglue the passenger side window. The rear channel was glued solid, but the front came loose. Did my best with Windo-Weld from 3M. I tried to lube the guides, but it is still rough raising and lowering the windows. The window is drying now. I'll report tomorrow about whether or not it worked!

Attempted to reglue the passenger side window. The rear channel was glued solid, but the front came loose. Did my best with Windo-Weld from 3M. I tried to lube the guides, but it is still rough raising and lowering the windows. The window is drying now. I'll report tomorrow about whether or not it worked!

Well, it seems to be working! Yay!

However, now the front is coming up faster than the rear. Back to the shop manuals to adjust the tilt...

Nice. Which tires? Those wheels are nice!

those are fr500 wheels all matte black (plasti-dipped), that in my sig is photoshopped but i just bought new fire stone firehawk tires, im going to take pictures soon, but my car is still in the shop.. :(

bth_100_0424_zpseddec0a5.jpg

Well it was'nt today it was over the weekend I spent a couple hours each day reconditioning the GT wheels I have had for about 20 years from a 68 GT Coupe I had owned back in the 80's. I sold the car in 1991 but never sold the wheels as I replaced them with other wheels. After sanding off the old paint & sprayed several coats of silver paint & it almost makes them look like they are chrome. The one on the left is what they looked like & the pic on the right is how thwy look now. I am trying to decide if I want to use these on my 69 Coupe or go with 15" wheels.

Mike.

With the temp in the upper 50's when I got home from work I just had to spend a couple hours in the garage working on the Mustang. I removed the master cylinder so I could remove the pedal hanger so I can add the clutch pedal to it for the T-5 coversion. It looks like it will be alot easier with the dash out of the car.