69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

Well first guy that I bought t5 and tranny try to rip me off (ebay). Tried to send me a POS non world class t5 when it was supposed to be a t5 from 93. So I sent it back and got my money back (still waiting on money for shipping). Not to be detered I bid on a nice Clutch setup with centerforce flywheel. Also, a T5 was included but guy did not know which one. He said his friend had it in his 1987 mustang so I was not expecting much. He was in military and goes home during weekend to work on cars and hang out with his family so he could not look at tranny tag. I got it at beggining of week and hit the jackpot because it was a 1352-251 which is tremec aftermarket version of the ford motorsport T5z. Ebay paid off this time. I was pretty happy. now just trying to find a nice shifter (any suggestions) at a good price. Need to order the tranny mount and probably will get a new driveshaft. Trying to decide if I will change over to hydralic clutch. Gonna move it into garage this weekend. Garage will be full because my parents 1934 ford is in there lol. I really need work on the 34 to get that car back to them.

I replaced all the 194 bulbs thru out the car with tower type LEDs. What a difference. The marker lights look like a street light and the dash board is absolutely stunning in brightness and clarity. The picture shows a Yogurt container lit up with the 194 VS. the LED.

Edited by yamahasrx700

I bought some 194 led bulbs bulk. I put them in my SRX, SX, my 69 Mustang and my Prelude SH. They are friggen awesome and blow away the regular bulbs. I need to sell off some. The tower bulbs have 10 LEDs and I will sell them for $1 each with a minimum of 10 bulbs plus shipping.

I replaced all the 194 bulbs thru out the car with tower type LEDs. What a difference. The marker lights look like a street light and the dash board is absolutely stunning in brightness and clarity. The picture shows a Yogurt container lit up with the 194 VS. the LED.

How many bulbs are needed to do the dash including the clock?

First off I want to get more specific. While I had my dash out I unbolted the gages and removed the light defusers. The LEDS were slightly too tall and interfered with them. Most of the defusers were melted from the heat of the 194s. I dont remember exactly how many I used. I think it was 11 or 12 in the dash alone. There are a few open ones in my dash that only would have a bulb with certain options. Maybe someone on here knows exactly how many? Also I dont have a clock in my car so I dont know about that either.

Removed the firewall insulation, since it was all breaking apart and throwing crap in the air every time I drive it. On a better note, it dropped 5 lbs. That will be short lived since I plan on putting dynamat on the entire inside of the firewall.

Mounted up the rear fiberglass bumper. Hopefully it holds, only time will tell. I did a custom mounting to it, so I wouldn't have to drill holes. That rear bumper dropped 11 lbs. That was just the bumpers, not counting the mounting bracket. Here are some pics, not the best, but you get the point:

IMAG1454.jpg

IMAG1456.jpg

IMAG1457.jpg

I also fixed my stereo, finally. It wasn't working for awhile, no power to it. Figured that out; I'm quite happy since electrical isn't my thing. Total, today, I dropped another 20 lbs off the car. Good day for vehicle weight loss!

Went to go drive the stang last night and it kept back firing... For around 15 min. It was cold, but not super cold (socal weather). Unsure what caused it since I couldn't figure it out before we left last night. Any ideas?

Got the RH quarter panel all lined up on the car... spent hours fitting it. Too tired to do the welding, but it feels SOOOOOO GOOOOD to have the last of the panel replacement basically finished. The brackets that hold the side scoops will need cut loose and positioned correctly, but that should be easy.

In all I have replaced all 4 inner fender aprons, both shock towers, radiator support, both firewall/toeboard extensions, both front torque boxes, full floor, 1 partial rear frame rail, 1 rear torque box cover, trunk floors, rear brace, tail light panel, tail light/quarter corners, all wheel houses, and both rear quarters. Plus I added frame rail connectors.

Almost time to put the car on the rotisserie and do all the welding on the bottom!

Took her out for a little drive on Turkey Day! Was the first time my Dad got to ride in her in over 20 years. I think he was a little skeered! LOL

Probably so. On an nice day a month ago I took my mom in the convert. SHe was a little skeered but she loved it lol.

Put on a H&R spacer kit for the front wheels and took off the strut tower covers to see what they weigh. Both weighed in at 7 lbs, a tempting 7 lbs to take off the front.

IMAG1473.jpg

Installed new head gaskets to fix the leaking issue with the cork. Also replaced the valve covers with some black Ford Racing ones.

IMAG1476.jpg

IMAG1477.jpg

Some new front pics with the spacers installed.

IMAG1480.jpg

IMAG1478.jpg

IMAG1479.jpg

IMAG1481.jpg

Not too bad looking now. :D

Well, it's not so much what I did today, but what I did over the last 9 days.

Picture 1 shows my cleaned and painted 9 qt Moroso oil pan (the color is much darker than the picture shows -- Dark Ford Blue).

Picture 2 shows my engine bay cleaned and painted. My father came out during the Thanksgiving week and helped me nearly every day. This was one of his accomplishments of the week.

Picture 3 shows me and my father actually pulling the engine from the 1994 donor car. My brother (the professional mechanic of the family, and the one who sped us up when he arrived on Wednesday) took the picture.

Picture 4 shows the 1993 Cobra iron heads and new Crane 1.7 rockers installed. I've had both those for over 8 years just waiting to use them.

Picture 5 shows the oil dipstick hole plugged with a 3/8" freeze plug. We just tapped the dipstick out, put a little silicon on the plug and tapped it in.

(to be continued...)

Edited by MustangChuck

(continued...)

Picture 6 shows the oil pan mounted to the engine. I still need to modify the 94's timing cover (I am going to have a bung welded to it so I can feed the dipstick through the cover instead of drilling a hole in the pan).

Picture 7 shows the engine-side Ron Morris adjustable motor mounts installed. After taking the picture, I flipped the bolts over. All of the nuts are nylock, but if they should ever come loose, I want to give the bolts a chance to stay in until I can safely come to a stop. The other way, the bolts simply fall out and the engine comes loose....

Picture 8 shows the stock height mounts bolted into the engine bay.

Picture 9 shows a thing I have waited over 7 years to see -- An engine about to be dropped into the Mustang!!

Picture 10 shows the engine mounted in. I had bought this transmission crossmember, but it didn't fit. It is about 3" too short, from where we placed the engine. I think if we moved the engine as far forward as the mounts would allow, the crossmember would still be short. I hope to have a machine shop extend the mounting area early next week.

Edited by MustangChuck