69_Mustang

What did you do to/for your Mustang today?

351w, C4 trans. Manual is planned, but not anytime soon.

I would like to get aluminum heads, cams and all that good stuff, too.

Well a 750 would probably work good with all those add on's. One day I'll rebuild my 351C-4V and add a little more cam and may go with a 770 CFM Holley Street Avenger. I have the 670 CFM now and really like it. It's a good carb.

Just ordered a few parts/upgrades for the first time for my 69 Mustang I've had for a few months. A dash pad and rear disc conversion kit plus a few bits 'n pieces - cost $1200.... shipping to UK around $400!!! Then I've got to pay 24% tax on all of this.

Good job I love my car!!!

Put new steering bits in; some of those parts didn't want to come out! Cars steering definitely feels better now, I just need a new/rebuilt steering box.

Also put in longer rear bolt studs so I can put in a 3/4" spacer (or something close to that). It took forever to get those new bolts to sit right with the wheel... all of 4 hours! but now i Know what needs to be done, so it would definitely be faster if I ever do it again. Definitely helped the stance. Waiting for the front hubcentric spacer to come in for the front, to give it that nice square look.

Might be ordering a few parts later:

SoT 1 1/8" Sway bar

SoT Shelby drop kit

SoT lower control arm camber kit

And maybe SoT front performance springs.

What steering parts did you replace. I am looking to make the steering better. It was sitting for a few years before I started fixing her up. I greased everything but still seems tight even at speed and seems to require alot off steering wheel movement to turn nothing is loose or sloppy just not responsive. Deffinately would win a slalom race

Outer and inner tie rods, on both sides. Needed to buy a grease gun to get them... Greased. Lol.

I also need to replace the upper a arm bushings because they're done. After that only slack in the front suspension should be by steering box.

Edit: also need to mess with the front and rear bumper to see how they come on and off. I might make my own "lightweight brackets since I'll have fiberglass ones after next week. ;)

Did she perform any better? I mean the car not the wife.

Still "dailing" both of them in ;-). The coil was the last step in a mild engine and handling upgrade that included Edel heads, Comp 270M cam, 428 PI intake, Holley 750, CJ exhaust manifolds, Pertronix Stage 2 ignition, OEM shaker, Shelby drop, new steering box, and Willwood disc brakes. The old 390 is running much better than it did when I bought it. Next steps are a gear vendors OD, new radiator, and some Dynamat or Roadkill.

Going black on the car and ghost red flake flames ... will try to paint friday morning..

Was way to much flake on the car.. thats why the stripe was there but it would not look right following the body lines... thats why Im loosing the stripe...

Edited by 1969vert

I was checking everything under the rear side of the car to make sure everything is good and noticed springs on my rear shocks. Is that normal? I can't seem to find springs for the rear anywhere.. Any ideas?

Edit:

some pics:

IMAG1393.jpg

IMAG1392.jpg

IMAG1388.jpg

IMAG1389.jpg

IMAG1390.jpg

IMAG1391.jpg

Edited by 69_Mustang

Assuming you have a stock set up, those springs on the rear shocks are probably add ons. Kinda like air shocks. They are designed to help the shocks carry the load of the car. I had something similar on my car a few years back. I put them on so the car wouldn't sag when I had people in it. I do have new 4.5 leafs but it was still a problem. I have since taken them off and they won't be going back on. Some people say that they will eventually crack the mount since it's not intended to carry so much load.