Boogerschnot

AOD to

So I have installed 93 AOD onto my 351w and ended up having an issue with the AOD not kicking down into 2nd or 3rd from od. I used the stock FMX flexplate, aod converter from the 93 gt mustang and the aod. I used the lokar TV cable and adjusted it by taking any slack out of the cable at idle so that any movement of the throttle gave me movement of the TV lever on the AOD. I also had to flip the aod lever to point down during the install.

Well I have allways had the problem that the AOD would not kick down from OD to 3rd or 2nd gear, until today. I removed the lokar spring that came with the TV adapter cable and then added my own bracket with a lightweight spring from orieleys to pull the tv back to its stop. The lokar spring was causing a binding that didnt allow the lever to travel all the way to its kick down point.

Took the car and family for some slurpies and for the first time, the thing shifted from OD to 2nd gear at about 35mph and took off.. I was pretty excited!

So for anyone googeling this.. aod doesnt shift from od .. aod doesnt kick down .. aod dont kick down from 4th gear ..

Hopefully this helps.

Any info on the conversion to the AOD would be appreciated. I've got the stock FMX now and wonder if you had any issues with the exhaust. I plan to go to headers but haven't decided whose yet and am wondering which can make it around the AOD trany.