mpekar

Turn Signal Wiring Connector

Does anybody have a diagram of the locations of the wires in the connecting block for the turn signal wiring harness (steering column harness to dash harness connector)? I've got too many wires coming from the turn signal switch for the number of holes in the plastic connector, and now I'm wondering if the wires are in the correct holes. Thanks.

I've seen prints of electrical diagrams for other cars, that look *just* like that one above. Nicely laminated, large size, easy to read. Anybody seen one of those for sale? (or an original pdf?)

edit: sorry to take this on a tangent...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-69-Ford-Mustang-Laminated-11X17-Color-Wiring-Diagram-/370677390802?hash=item564e181dd2&item=370677390802&pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&vxp=mtr

http://www.classiccarwiring.com/ford.php

Edited by Flanders

I have the same doubt about the installation. My original switch is completely dead, and I have only 9 wires.

There are 12 wires on the new turn signal wiring switch (TSW4 from CJ pony).

On the Signal harness connector, there is only 10 holes. As I could see, 2 wires are in the same hole ( form the dash side, and 2 times)

I was wondering if I have to do the same on the steering column side...

But..the 12th wire, where it goes?

I have a factory tilt steering column.

Hope you will understand...

Thanks for your help.

I just went through this on a 68. The repro turn signal switches are not Mustang specific, so other cars use all 12 wires. One extra wire is red and it should have a pin on the end: just plug it into the hole that matches the empty socket on the main harness connector. The other two wires may be related to the tilt system, but all of my schematics say no. They should have ends covered in plastic---if so, just leave them alone.

Match the other wires color for color and you can't go wrong.

Thanks Midlife! :)

I have to check again, but it seems that 4 or 5 colors from the turn signal switch are not in the dashpad wiring..

Colors of the new wiring:

-Green

-Green/Brown

-Brown

-yellow/dark

-white/yellow

-blue

-blue/yellow

-yellow

-orange/blue

-Green/white

-violet

-white/red

Edited by kevin31

Standard colors are:

green (brake signal)

yellow (horn power)

blue/yellow (horn output)

white/red (e-flasher input)

blue (flasher input)

green/white (LH turn signal)

white/blue (RH turn signal)

orange/blue (RH rear turn signal)

green/orange (LH rear turn signal) - might match your green/brown

That leaves violet, one of the yellows, and brown.

The image the original post references is no longer there. Does anyone have a diagram of the steering column turn signal connector, or a pin by pin color list? I have my old one, but the colors are pretty faded, and I just want to make sure I have it right.

I just went through this on a 68. The repro turn signal switches are not Mustang specific, so other cars use all 12 wires. One extra wire is red and it should have a pin on the end: just plug it into the hole that matches the empty socket on the main harness connector. The other two wires may be related to the tilt system, but all of my schematics say no. They should have ends covered in plastic---if so, just leave them alone.

Match the other wires color for color and you can't go wrong.

Randy, I ran in to this situation sometime back and seem to recall that switch we all buy today has the additional wires because it was used for the cougar as well as the Shelby (sequential turn signals) 

First, thanks to Randy at Midlife for a quick response to my email! Here's the connector setup:

On the outside curve starting at one end:

Yellow

White/red

Green/red

Orange/blue

Blue

On the inside curve starting at the same end:

Blue/yellow

White/blue

Green/white

Green

Empty

Also, the turn signal switch I ordered from NPD had the correct number of wires (9).