Sign in to follow this  
badwolf4822

wheel spacing

I have a 69 coupe. I am planing to go with this wheel set because i need at least 17s to fit over my wilwood brakes and enough width to handle the built ls1.

http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale.com/proddetail.asp?prod=9404STEALTHBLACK17FR500WHEELANDTIREPACAKGE

they are meant for a 94 - 04 so does anyone know what size bolt on spacer i will need?

right now running some 20's off an 08 so have 2in bolt ons

I am running a 17X8 up front with a 1.25" spacer. I was running a 1" spacer until I changed to Baer Rotors. Rear is 18X10 with no spacers out back.

I was running a 18X9 up front and it fit, but when I lowered the car, it was way too big and scrubbed bad, so I had to go to a 8 in wheel.

I am running a 17X8 up front with a 1.25" spacer. I was running a 1" spacer until I changed to Baer Rotors. Rear is 18X10 with no spacers out back.

I was running a 18X9 up front and it fit, but when I lowered the car, it was way too big and scrubbed bad, so I had to go to a 8 in wheel.

I'm very curious what offset/back spacing were the 18x10's that you had in the rear?

This calculator http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

takes your current wheel specs and your new wheel specs and will tell you by how much the inner clearance and outer position of the wheel will change.

You can then figure out the appropriate spacer size.

Of course, it's not the wheel width you need to worry about, it's the tire width.

Thanks,

I was planning on going with 17x9's but if a 10 will fit I would love to get one in there. What size tires do you have on your 18x10's? It looks great in the photo. These cars look mean lowered with some rubber under them. :batman: I know I will need to roll the outer lips, and some massaging on the inner some. No biggie.

With the 17x9's I was planning on using a Nitto 275/40-17. I took some measurements and it seems a 5 inch back space will fit just fine. But until I get the actual tire and wheel on there I won't know for sure. I really don't want to run spacers. Rather just get the correct offset to begin with. I want the top of the tires to fit up in the fender well just a tad. A 17x8 with a 4.5 inch back space should work up front with a 245/40-17 I am assuming.

And to stay on topic, here is an excellent tire/wheel calculator that lets you visualize the profile of the tire on the wheel. It does not take into acct variations in tire width from the manufacturer but is scaled and can give you a visual of sidewall height and relative backspacing.

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

That's a great site. Too bad magnums are not listed to play with.