Sign in to follow this  
flight96

Top Replacement

Hello All !!

Long time no see !! I haven't been doing much work on the ride for a while but I have been driving her ! So now that winter is here and the rains have started I thought it would be a good time to play some more. I am thinking about replacing the top on the vert. I did do a search but couldn't find much on this. I know Pakrat did his, but I couldn't find any thread... Mind you It may just be wine soaked brain syndrome...:lol:..

Anyhow, Is it a job a person can do on his own or would this be better left to a professional ?? Any info would be greatly appreciated !!

Correction, I had the intention of doing mine, I have everything in place to do so and still intend to but time is not on my side these days but it is on the books for this fall still since I have some extra time off coming to me. The process is laid out quite simply in the Mustang restoration handbook and even includes a pattern to cut a jig out of plywood and line up all the bows correctly. The only thread I had on it which may yield some helpful info I always find by searching for the word "crown" because I specifically remember asking what type of staples I needed to use in it.

0895864029.gif

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=5481&highlight=crown