Sign in to follow this  
Chelby-Ann

69 Coupe Side Scoops

I am thinking about modifying my coupe by changing out the original side scoops and putting on Shelby Scoops or 94 GT Scoops. I have seen this on a white coupe and liked the mod.

Has anyone done this mod that can share some project information/pictures?

Thanks

1969 Shelby side scoops...

Very happy with the way they fit. Bought inserts to go with them too.

Inserts came from here....

http://store.cobranda.com/19shcosiscsc.html

Side Scoops bought here....

http://www.fiberglassspecialtiesnv.com/catalog/Side_Scoops/

M-223 1969 - 1970 OEM Ford Shelby Convertible Fiberglass Side Scoops (PAIR)

**Note** My husband ground with a dremmel tool on the bosses on the back for a near perfect fit.

Edited by rawlinss

I added them to my vert, got the screens and scoops from Tony Branda. The ones rawlinss posted look to be about the best quality I have seen so far on the underside.

Not all are made equal so don't go for the cheapest set, some do not even have the center cut out on them yet. Even when they do they usually need some finish grinding and smoothing but much easier to clean up the hole for the screen than to completely cut it out. Just about all I have seen though only have the three connection bolts for some reason, I opted to cut mine off and install 6 bolts that match the position of the holes for the stock scoop for two reasons, 1) I didn't really want to drill new holes in my panel and 2) this thing is just a giant wind catcher really and I feel better about it being more securely attached so they edges aren't tempted to lift up at speed.

You can click on my sig pic and see a bunch of pictures in my gallery.

I'm not sure how you would pull of 94 GT scoops though, that would be a boat load of customization that I can't even begin to wrap my brain around.

Edited by Pakrat

I added them to my vert, got the screens and scoops from Tony Branda.

Just about all I have seen though only have the three connection bolts for some reason, I opted to cut mine off and install 6 bolts that match the position of the holes for the stock scoop for two reasons, 1) I didn't really want to drill new holes in my panel

You can click on my sig pic and see a bunch of pictures in my gallery.

Hey Pak

Thanks for the info. I was not able to view the pictures you mentioned in your gallery. Not sure why. I ordered the scoops and screens yesterday.

Can you share how you added the 6 bolts as mentioned above.

Thanks

Hey Pak

Thanks for the info. I was not able to view the pictures you mentioned in your gallery. Not sure why. I ordered the scoops and screens yesterday.

Can you share how you added the 6 bolts as mentioned above.

Thanks

I guess I don't have any pics of actually adding the 6 bolts but there is a variety of ways you could do it, the easiest and quickest is probably with paper templates. What we did was buy some carriage bolts and ground the heads flat, inserted them into the hole and put a dab of epoxy on the heads. Then we taped the scoop into position on the car and from the inside pushed the bolts back out the holes until they made contact with the back of the scoop. Once dried we just removed them and finish glassed them in place.