Sign in to follow this  
redmach69

Drive around in the Mach

Hey guys, just wanted to say I took the old Mach out today for the first drive that was just a drive and not a test run. Changed the old headers for manifolds, put complete exhaust on, serviced the brakes had the Grenada rotors milled so my factory wheels would fit, replaced all the cobbled together clutch linkage with factory stuff (remember the cleveland and 4 speed had been installed in place of the windsor and auto). Still plenty of work to do but was great to drive a mustang again (seemed like 1978 all over). Thanks for all the replies to my questions, I'm sure I'll have more as I do more stuff to it!

:thumbup1:

Just to wet your appetite!

28jic7.jpg

Damn, I miss that view! Got some work done on mine over the weekend. Not much (got the old drum brakes off, down to bare spindle), but it's progress. Probably won't be this spring, for me. Shooting for Spring 2014 (50th Anniversary, anyone?)

Redmach69, congrats on getting it running. Enjoy!!

Chuck

Congratulations red, and I hope that's just the start of many fun drives. I drove mine into work yesterday and a school bus drove like a madman to catch up to me. He pulled up beside me at a redlight and asked if it was a '71. Driving these cars is a blast.

Congrats Red, I have driver envy. Mine's been sitting since the 90's when I stripped it to bare metal. Great idea that was. They sure are conversation starters when you take them out for a spin.