Sign in to follow this  
PaleRider

Routing Power Steering Hose

Any one have any pictures of routing power steering hose on a 1970. Installing new pressure hose and it has a lot of kinks in hose compared to the old non oem one and totally confused - any help appreciated. thanks

100_0944.jpg

100_0946.jpg

They basically should route straight down from the pump by the oil filter. Arguments for behind or in front of the fuel line have been had. Then they go through the holding block shown in the photo. Then they make a loop to the control valve. There must be slack for center link travel. Then clamp the lines to the control valve to prevent fatigue and bending.

Thanks pictures help but area I'm still struggling to figure out is the pressure line. It's got a lot bends. Does any one have any pics of how it goes at pump. I've got a march set up. Hope that does not cause any issue. Thanks

Edited by PaleRider

The point of my other post was that these Autozone replacements will work but they dont look or tuck in right no matter how you route them.

Their design suggests they are made for later model cars or even possibly different cars that they have deemed will work on our cars. I cant understand why they place a 6" section of hard line at the rubber isolator when there needs to be flex there. I guess that 3/8 dia tube should float around inside that 3/4" rubber isolator as well as move in and out each time you make a turn.

I will probably end up buying the concours hoses that are made more like the originals to remedy the poor fitment.

Kind of figured out my problem. 1970 was a goofy year for hoses. Look like a transition year to new set up. And they sent me the wrong hoses. Was able to piece together by looking at rock auto pictures.

For my set up looks like the 1969 hoses are a better route. Ordered today - we will see.

BTW - where do you find concourse hoses