Sign in to follow this  
Flanders

chop it, drop it, and oh stick a GT40 engine in it.

They are clearly talented with amazing fabrication skills, however, it's a bit too radical for my taste. There's so little left of the orginal Mustang, you can only say it is Mach 1-esque. They could have just bought a few repop parts and fabricated everything from scratch rather than ruin a perfectly good vintage Mustang. Just my .02.

Edited by 69gmachine
spelling

Nice work, but way to radical for me, besides they tore up what could have been a sweet looking Mach-1. They should have started with a Dynacorn body instaed of a vintage Mustang body.:thumbdown:

I can appreciate what they are trying to accomplish even though it's not my style either but it seems they are taking the way long route about it and agreed there is no need here to destroy what appeared to be a pretty clean project car. It almost seems it would have been easier to either start with a GT40 and regraph 69 body lines to it or a dynacorn car or at the very least a lost and rusted out shell instead of this route.

I like it a lot. I can really appreciate the work put into it. Its along the same direction as mine but much more radical. I'd probably go to the same extreme if I had the resources, with the intention of building the car into my dream car. Building my dream car as it is with the resources I have, would just have a bigger dream with more resources.

I suspect they picked up the car for a song -- at least I'd hope they did, instead of getting a Dynacorn shell. For some amazing car guys, I was also a bit surprised they hacked up such a decent looking mach 1. Wicked fab skills though. A bit too extreme for me though!

And not in a good way either. What a horrible talentless hack job on what USED TO BE a nice car. I can't believe anyone would allow and even pay for such butchery. Disgusting. I didn't think one could ruin the look of a 69 stang, but I was wrong. Not really repairable anymore either. wow. LSG

Man this really upsets a few of you! Ive always wanted to cut one right down the middle and add 8-10 inches of width in the rear and taper it to stock in the front. I'm just hung up on the windshield and back glass, I'm sure someone out there can make one off windshields but you know that's a fortune. So go ahead and call me disgusting. Hmmm, I do have an extra body just sittin here...

Me and my buddy used to have a saying when we would hit the car swap meets. "Just because it's never been done, doesn't make it cool!"

Like others though, I can appreciate there skills.

Anyone know what the aluminum foil looking stuff that they put on the body was for?

Jim

I personally like it alot. I like the idea & what they did. Fair more talent & ability than I have with a welder.

That said there is one design aspect I dont like. That is the side scoops. I feel they should more reflect the original 69 shape. The other design aspect is something I would need to wait & see. That is the gap around the new rear window/hood.

Im also wondering why they didnt start from scratch. About the only things left seems to be the A-pillars & maybe door shells.

Ive always wanted to cut one right down the middle and add 8-10 inches of width in the rear and taper it to stock in the front. I'm just hung up on the windshield and back glass, I'm sure someone out there can make one off windshields but you know that's a fortune.
Cornerstone,

My original intention for my car was to widen the quarters by adding 2-3 inches along the top of the qtr moving the shoulder line outboard and the taillight panel widened to match by cutting the center out of a new panel and leaving the original center 4" wider than what I removed from the new panel then adding the 2 pieces of the new taillight panel. Now just bumping the wheel opening out 2" and blending the qtr to the styling lines. Looks like they added width outboard of the cabin.

Jimjific,

The foil may have been to pull molds from the panels

I can honestly say this is DISGUSTING. What a way to totally destroy an iconic rear view of a classic body style....

It does look like a Riviera! but, isn't that where the engine is gonna go? I toyed with an idea like this...glad I didn't do it. Overall, I like it. It's not something I would do, but I can appreciate the skill, and the design. (even if I think the design could be better.)

Man this really upsets a few of you! Ive always wanted to cut one right down the middle and add 8-10 inches of width in the rear and taper it to stock in the front. I'm just hung up on the windshield and back glass, I'm sure someone out there can make one off windshields but you know that's a fortune. So go ahead and call me disgusting. Hmmm, I do have an extra body just sittin here...

you have an extra fastback?