Sign in to follow this  
jbrooks

passenger side mirror

I have a 69 mach 1 with sport racing mirrors, they have loosened up and will not stayin place, it keeps falling tward the ground after being adjusted. this problem is on the passenger side mirror!!! is there any way to tighten it up so it will stay in place?? it is loose where the ball adjustments set into the back of the mirror it's self !!!!

thanks much

I just happen to have mine all apart undergoing a power adjustment modification. It comes apart quite easily just some screws holding the bracing to the housing. Once out of the housing pop the mirror off. It comes off easy with a putty knife. The mirror adjusts on a ball pivot with two pins that limit the up and down and back and forth. With the mirror off from the adjusting bit there is a tri angle piece that keeps the ball pivot in place and free to move.The ball pivot might be pressed into the mounting bracket and the tri angle piece placed over it and attached. Possibly either the ball or socket, most likely the socket has worn and that's why your mirror isn't staying up. It's no big thing to take it all apart and see what happened. If the socket has worn I don't know how to fix it. Maybe a thin build up of JB Weld would do it but it it a ball and socket and everything is round. Sorry no pics available. If yours is trash send me a PM i wont be needing mine.

Edited by tim42