Sign in to follow this  
Mike

JME instrument cluster

Thx for the reply,

That's what I thought, might use it anyway as all the gauges are together. I would have to buy an updated tach and the other gauges, so it will make the cluster seem a little cheaper. Now if I could find a Phantom faced clock, that would look sharp, in my opinion.

I bought a set of Autometer carbon fiber gauges and then custom ordered a carbon fiber clock overlay from whitegauges.com to match. I sent the clock and overlay to The Tachman for quartz conversion and overlay install. Looks great.

I think 69 /70 JME instrument set up looks very good. I like that a full set of gauges fit all in one and are basically plug and play wit the Ford harness. I see the electric speedo as a benefit also. With all the bells and whistles it gets expensive. I almost purchased a the JME but there wasn't a 70 panel and there were some problems with delivery time and customer service as I remember. I ended up getting an OEM tach setup with the two gauge pod in the center console astray.

I like the JME clusters but cannot afford one. I had a factory tach cluster, not original to my car, and used it until the tach quit working. I was never happy with an oil PSI and volt or amp gauge down in a pod on the front of the center console. They were too far out of line-of-sight for my taste. Plus, I wasn't happy with the repair options for the original tach. So I ultimately sold the tach cluster on EBay, reinstalled the original non tach cluster and added an Autometer street tach on the column. I can now easily see all the gauges and the Autometer tach works much better than the original ever did.

I like my JME cluster. The customer service is pretty pore for the amount of money the clusters cost. I have been trying to get into contact with them for several months via email to have my clock face changed to match the gauge faces, but have had no luck.

I remember when looking to get a new cluster a couple years ago that if I bought each piece separately I came out at about the same price or more for the JME. Eventually went with the Year One pod and bought separate Auto Meter gauges. Didn't want to screw around with my speedometer being off because of my tires/transmission gear/ etc. so I bought the GPS unit. That was another $180 but it's accurate.

I remember when looking to get a new cluster a couple years ago that if I bought each piece separately I came out at about the same price or more for the JME. Eventually went with the Year One pod and bought separate Auto Meter gauges. Didn't want to screw around with my speedometer being off because of my tires/transmission gear/ etc. so I bought the GPS unit. That was another $180 but it's accurate.

i did the same, went with the year one gauge pod and auto meter gauges ... i ended up with about 700-800 in the gauges... i did not go with the GPS just yet... but i did purchase two extra gauges to mount elsewhere... vacuum and oil temperature gauge..