Sign in to follow this  
turboclevor

1970 boss 302 whats it worth?

i am always looking for another project and i found a solid 70 boss 302 the owner is a "google guy" whatever he found in google he put in the craigslist add. he has no idea what its worth and he is asking for a house with lots of property in trade. well now for the info on the car it is grabber orange black interior and has the rear window louvers and deck spoiler no rims or tires and has been sitting for a very long time. i dont know what i should offer him.

p.s. the car does NOT run or even start, needs alot of work to make it road worthy all the panels are misaligned all covered in dirt but would be cool

I have a friend that specializes in restoring Boss cars. I know he sold a fully restored Boss 302 last year for $55k due to the current market. People are still asking for all the money for those cars as there are several on the market in the mid to high $60k, but again that is asking price doesn't mean they are getting it. As for a project you can find them anywhere from $17k to just under $20k. It sounds like the guy thinks he has an ultra rare car considering what he's asking for in trade.

Yes, lots of owners with big investments still hanging on to yesterday. I'd look it over very carefully and confirm the expensive parts (VINS on fenders, engine, rev limiter, distributor, carb, trans, rear end, etc) Theres also one in Dallas right now in similar condition and is on eBay. Now at 18k and hasnt hit reserve

FYI, that's not Grabber Orange paint. It's Calypso Coral. The Grabber Orange is much lighter. (Calypso Coral is my favorite color for the 69/70 Mustangs.)

Grabber Orange is a very popular color. And in case there's a price difference between Grabber Orange and Calypso Coral, I just wanted to be sure you had the color right.

While the Boss 302 Mustangs are still very popular, they're not bringing the prices we were seeing before 2008. I would recommend you ask the guys on the Boss 302 forum. They seem to know about every sale of a Boss 302 and can give you a good idea what such a car should sell for in the current market. Of course, you're going to have to get some more details like original options and how much rust is underneath.

Edited by Klutch