Restomod69

My Restomod69 - With a difference

Work continues on the engine bay. Once welded up all welds will be ground smooth and unseen

Perth-20130328-00197_zps7da1c759.jpg

Starting to look very neat

Perth-20130328-00191_zps4b32788f.jpg

Beading around this area for some extra strength. They're a bit weak in this area otherwise

Perth-20130328-00192_zps12c710a3.jpg

Dash is in loose to get the fit right. The wheel is currently offset to the left so Scott will join the areas where the gap is and make a new area where it should be. Then it will be recovered in factory leather (found an original factory Bentley leather stockist)

Perth-20130328-00193_zps5150f7c6.jpg

The console and area up through the dash will be narrowed and remade by the guy here who does genuine Bentley work so it looks factory (sort of)

Perth-20130328-00194_zpsf941f41f.jpg

Obviously still a lot of work to go. The woods will be remade in piano black

Perth-20130328-00195_zpse511b6f5.jpg

Wow, awesome project. If your guy gets those door panels to fit that car then he is a freakin magician! It may be better to make a mold similar to the Bentley panels but flatter and the correct shape of the mustang door and make a door panel out of fiberglass, incorporating the handles/switches/wood inlay/etc and all components. Then get some of the leather used on the Bentley door panels and cover the fiberglass door panel. This may be less labor intensive than figuring out how to put a square into a circular hole :lol:

Wow, awesome project. If your guy gets those door panels to fit that car then he is a freakin magician! It may be better to make a mold similar to the Bentley panels but flatter and the correct shape of the mustang door and make a door panel out of fiberglass, incorporating the handles/switches/wood inlay/etc and all components. Then get some of the leather used on the Bentley door panels and cover the fiberglass door panel. This may be less labor intensive than figuring out how to put a square into a circular hole :lol:

Thanks Buening, agree, yes the doors are going to be probably one of the more interesting things to get right. Primarily because the door cards from the Bentley are incredibly deep. To get them on may mean cutting away a large amount of the original door internals, possibly stopping the window from working? Regardless, I have a couple of spare doors to practice with so we'll be giving it a go and see what happens. Ultimately if we have to do as your suggesting I'll be fine with it, so long as we keep to my original planned look I'll be happy. The seats should go in next week so Scott can get the relationship between the column, dash and seats all correct and feeling normal. We're similar height, so that helps

A couple of pics I didnt get around to uploading. The dummy motor, t56 and bellhousing is about to go in so Scott can work out how much trans tunnel he needs to remove. I've heard you can drop the trans down, but I want a clean look underneath and everything lined up as it should be. Once the trans tunnel is done we can mount the console back down and see how much needs to be cut out and where from. Right now its all looking quite good, hopefully not too much width will come out, therefore it fits lower over the tunnel without cutting down the sides as well as width

Perth-20130328-00196_zps33aa7d03.jpg

I'm incredibly happy with Scotts work, its nice not to have to worry about if it will be done right. I have some extra work going on above this area shortly and the area in the picture below wont really be seen, regardless it will be seam welded and die grinded so we know its how it should be

Perth-20130328-00190_zps130251d3.jpg

I did have some bad news, the engineer wouldnt pass my chrome spindles so I've had to get unplated ones from the US sent out. (we can have chrome wheels?) Anyway, everything will be powder coated, so all good. At the same time I've ordered all of the air suspension ride-tech control system so thats coming at the same time

I'd be interested in what a set of the laser cut top front clip pieces would cost. Those look great. Awesome build. I am looking at doing Griggs on my 69 in the future for better handling. I love how ambitious you are with the interior. This car is going to be awesome.

Thanks Rudolph and 69FB. I'll ask what the rails would be and post it on here.

Hard to believe but thats a big block 460. Looks small without the heads. This isnt the engine to be used, its being used for mockup

Engine201_zps1f16db64.jpg

An easy fit

Engine202_zps412ee0c2.jpg

I'd be interested in what a set of the laser cut top front clip pieces would cost. Those look great. Awesome build. I am looking at doing Griggs on my 69 in the future for better handling. I love how ambitious you are with the interior. This car is going to be awesome.

Hi 69FB, Scotts believes around $500au per side for the rails. Lots of time and effort getting the curve to match oe

Cheers

looking good... seats have lots of adjust-ability, and probably memory also ...lol

Thanks Stangme428, unfortunately no memory, that was linked into the original Bentley key. The heating will work though, so thats good in Perth where its 40+ degrees :clap: