Sign in to follow this  
ak70stang

Headers for 347 with manual trans?

Need some more information. Are you primary wishes horsepower, torque, or ground clearance? I can give some suggestions on full length headers, but I can't speak for mid or shorties as I've never tried them. That's why I crinch whenever I see a speed bump!

If you have a 347, I take it you probably either have heavily modified iron heads, or aluminum heads. Your heads can have a impact also, along with other parts. FOr example, if you have a Flaming River steering setup or plan to go with one, you either need the Flaming River headers, or pay to have custom headers made. Some heads have exhaust bolt patterns that can impact header choices also.

Give us more deatails on what your goals are for your project, and what modifications you've done or plan to do, and we can give you some better information.

I would be looking at full length, 425hp, heads are aluminum pro comp, stock steering, stock power brake set-up. The car had a set of headmans before restore but they are rusted out.

Edited by ak70stang

The only clearance I am really worried about is for the z-bar

Some headers make spark plug changes really difficult. Also certain types of aftermarket heads have a different header bolt pattern than stock heads, which requires special headers. Thats why I am asking those questions about your heads on your engine now.