Sign in to follow this  
dmac0923

Anyone need their clock repaired?

I just converted my 69 and my dads 70 deluxe clocks over to a quartz movement.

If anyone is a little overwhelmed to tackle the conversion send me your clock and the conversion along with anything else like lenses to install and I'll do it for a fraction of the other guys.

A side note, after I finished our conversions I was tinkering with the original movements and was able to get them working on the bench. We aren't concours cars so we went with the quartz for reliability and less battery drain

I had mine apart and wd-40'd it up and it ran smooth for about a week, then quit again. I need to find out how to pull that piece out of the dash to redo it. The last time, I had the dash off, so it was easy. Any easy way to get that piece out of the dash?

On the dash pad I took out the screw in the lower dash behind the trim cap over by the door panel. Then I removed the 3 screws at the windshield to give me enough slack to wiggle things out.

I then took out the 6 screws holding the clock panel to the dash pad and lower dash.

Carefully wiggle things out because those plastic parts ar extremely brittle