Sign in to follow this  
turboclevor

1969 sportsroof rust bucket

i was looking on craigslist and found a guy with a 69 parts car that i was interested in he said that it needs floors quarters framerails torque boxes and aprons for the engine compartment he told me that it was a 302 4 speed but the vin says it had a 428 scj but now it has no motor should i buy it and if i should for how much

thanks,

Brandon

i was looking on craigslist and found a guy with a 69 parts car that i was interested in he said that it needs floors quarters framerails torque boxes and aprons for the engine compartment he told me that it was a 302 4 speed but the vin says it had a 428 scj but now it has no motor should i buy it and if i should for how much

thanks,

Brandon

So your buying a VIN for a replacement body? :innocent:

all of the metal is good from the lower body line up the rockers doors front fenders ect. are all good, and i was thinking about building a frame like this one

http://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?49549-my-69-mustang-fastback-(-named-project-57)/page3

which would get rid of frame rails torque boxes and i could build a support and aprons like he did too. then all i would have to do is floor pans and quarters

then there is the possibility of converting mu 69 coupe to a fastback i have done it before with a 67

all of the metal is good from the lower body line up the rockers doors front fenders ect. are all good, and i was thinking about building a frame like this one

http://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?49549-my-69-mustang-fastback-(-named-project-57)/page3

which would get rid of frame rails torque boxes and i could build a support and aprons like he did too. then all i would have to do is floor pans and quarters

then there is the possibility of converting mu 69 coupe to a fastback i have done it before with a 67

You guys have too much time on your hands and way to much disposable income ! :>)

well i guess that guy was right i checked the vin in this set of pictures and its an f code so it is a 302 but i think i will still get it if i can for the right price

And what would be the right price for you to buy it?? Just curious.

Brian