Sign in to follow this  
dmac0923

69/70 fastback c-pillar courtesy light question

The drivers side courtesy light on the c-pillar (sail panel by rear seats) isn't working. Tried replacing bulb, nothing. Tested for power at the terminal, no juice......the power wire goes down into the quarter panel somewhere out of sight.

All of the other dome/courtesy lights including the truck light work. Anyone have Any clue where to trace that wire to?

thanks guys. I remember it working not too long ago and I havent had anything apart really that i could say that i might have pinched a wire....and if i did ground it out like that, id be constantly blowing the fuse for that circuit no?!?

I don't know if this will help, but here is a pic.

DSCF0272.jpg

The wire as far as I can follow it goes to the switch on the front door post. It goes under the black , I think water dam that the metal rocker panel fits over the wire. It goes up into that area where the sail panel sits and plugs into the light. This is how it looked after I took out the interior.

Nightowl is showing the pass side, almost like the drivers except the sailpanel's + lead connects with a bullet connector to the loom to the taillights/ect.

The ground is the same as is the light sockets so they could be used on eather side.

Reach in the trunk following the main loom to over the drivers rear tire area.

You will feel a single bullet ended wire coming out of the looms wrapping. This is where the + wire going to the socket pigtail.

Edited by Mach1Rider

A little off subject, but I just wanted to say those are two beautiful Mach's, unless you're at a Mustang show, you rarely see these two year model Mach 1's sitting beside each other :thumbup1:

Bossed

I should of read the post more closely. Yes, there is a wire in the trunk area that runs into the wire harness. It is a black wire with a blue tracer. That will plug into a connector, which also has the ground eyelet, which will plug into the connector from the sail panel light. Here are some more pics of it. What the green wire with the pink end on it is, I haven't a clue.

DSCF0405.jpg

DSCF0404.jpg

Edited by Nightowl

thanks guys once i got my ass in the trunk i was able to find the connecter above the wheel well. it was unplugged.....it must have been pulled out by mistake one time because i never disconnected it.

well anyways, im glad something was an easy fix for once in a while.

btw the pics were a huge help thanks !!!