Sign in to follow this  
JayEstes

Brake caliper restoration

Guys,

Ive for the suspension broken all the way down, brake system is out and I am refurbishing the calipers. I've got them all cleaned up and wire brushed. Question is should I paint these? I'm wondering if I should paint them standard ford blue or black, or leave them natural? I know they will rust some if I do nothing, so I'd prefer to get them in best possible shape before they go back in.

What's the right thing to do? I like to go original when I can, but I am not hard over about it - and I will change things when I think the look is better.

Thanks for your inputs...

Jay

I would paint them with a high temp caliper paint in a color that fits with your car paint color. I was going to repaint my red cobra caliper red, but it clashed with the red on my car.

Edited by RPM

Powder will hold up way better than paint, and is naturally heat resistant. You can use cast iron color (or any color) to make it look fresh out of the box, and it will stay for yrs.