SWPruett

1970 Boss 302 Street/Touring Build Blog

Thanks for the comments and I couldn't agree more. This stuff went on perfectly! Probably the easiest finish I have ever applied to anything in my life! Awesome stuff! :thumbup1:

Sven,

How much of the Raptor did you use? I just bought a 69 C-10 that is coming from UT to the Northeast and I was thinking of doing an undercoating on it since it will be my driver for all seasons. I wonder how hard it woudl be to put on since I wouldn't be using a rotisserie and the truck will not be as "prepped" as your car was.

Jim

Jim,

To do the entire floor to the firewall seam in two coats took 5 quarts of Raptor. I ordered 2 full kits so i could cover the front outer fender aprons and radiator support as well. I would think two full kits would cover the under side of the C10 pretty well.

I can tell you I would hate thinking of spraying this material on my back or knees. There is a large vent hole at the top of the gun that would leak like crazy if you leaned the bottle too much. I can certainly imagine it being a challenge on a pickup like you have on the way. Hope this helps!

Installed the Street or Track billet export brace along with a custom, integrated Monte Carlo bar in the Boss. Followed up with a Lokar Midnight Series billet gas pedal and topped it all off with some fresh and smooth matte black urethane powder coating on all of the front and rear suspension parts. Busy past few weeks!

http://1970boss302.blogspot.com/2013/08/an-export-walks-into-monte-carlo-barand.html

We have planned to make the first big "road" event the Hot Rod Power Tour when it's completed. Plan is to run the whole thing end-to-end. Might be able to have a sip over a butger or two depending on the route and (more importantly) how long it takes me to get 'er done! :bored:

Hello all,

I've been on a bit of a "walkabout" this past month, but work did get done! Got both fender aprons filled and the lower firewall as well. All of the bare metal is spots are now primed and we will be moving toward getting the car off the rotisserie soon! Enjoy!

http://1970boss302.blogspot.com/2013/09/fender-apron-firewall-hole-filling-few.html

Look like your holes turned out perfect.

Thanks Rich! Coming from you, I am honored! Can't wait to get close enough on the rest of the body work to fit one of your rear bumpers and eventually your new ABS headliner! :thumbup:

We have planned to make the first big "road" event the Hot Rod Power Tour when it's completed. Plan is to run the whole thing end-to-end. Might be able to have a sip over a butger or two depending on the route and (more importantly) how long it takes me to get 'er done! :bored:

Sven, are you planning on trying to make it this year? That's my goal. I figure since the route is coming close to MI again, might as well try to get it complete

http://www.familyevents.com/event/229

Edited by rd49221

Hello everyone! Another quick update on the project! Front aprons are now sealed and coated and we are heading back into the engine bay for more firewall smoothing. Winter's on it's way and we are ready for a productive stint in the shop!

http://1970boss302.blogspot.com/2013/10/apron-seam-sealing-undercoating-with-u.html

Lookin great! Glad that weve had some decent weather.

Much appreciated! I am definitely thankful for these last few weeks of decent weather so I could get this done. Expecting to wake up to the white mud any day now! :sad:

You gota love that Raptor, it makes for a perfect job.

Couldn't agree more! One of the best "follow-the-directions-and-it-works-perfectly" products I have ever used.

Great job on the black '69 BTW!

After a rough month where November came and went with ZERO progress, we are finally back on the Boss project and making smoke!

Finished up filling the firewall holes and we are off to start the work at the rear of the car! Very excited for the change of pace and work!