69gmachine

How to replace a heater core video

I was just going to ask if anyone has done a heater core replacement when I found this thread, I had already watched this video and spoke to West Coast Classic Cougars just to check to see if they had any parts in stock like diaphragms that I might need after I get my 69 apart. 

My question is has anyone done this themselves and have any tips or recommendations.

If you haven't watched any of WCCC you tube videos they cover a lot of subjects.

Good find Bob. I wish I'd have found WCCC You tube videos before I did my heater core. And you are correct on his other videos, which I will still watch on many parts replacement especially the doors. I can't add to his video, but I will confirm how fragile the pieces have become. And certainly do any repair/replacement needed with the dash removed.

On 4/18/2017 at 10:58 PM, My 69 Mach said:

I know this is late but when I replaced my heater core , I took tons of pic's and it was a great help when it came time to reassemble . 

My 70 box is apart and even though the WCCC video exists, I'd sure love to see more pictures just to make sure everything is correct, particularly all of the levers pointing in the right direction. Videos are nice, but you can get a lot more detail from pictures.

Don makes a good video. I've been wondering for years what the stuff was that was wrapped around the A/C hose connections on the engine side of the firewall. Now I know: its cork insulation tape. Back in the day Ford had no idea what I was talking about.

Also, I wasn't aware that the "assembly manuals" differ from "shop manuals" with perspective view drawings including part numbers, that were the visual aids used on the assembly line. Just ordered the 4 available for 69 from NPD.