Sign in to follow this  
unfrozen1969

Classic Car Rescue Show

If anyone has ever seen Bengal Bangers then they would already know that Bernie is notoriously cheap and cuts corners. He is the UK equivalent to the US Desert Car Kings' Ron and Jason McClure. I think Wheeler Dealers does a better job at restoring cars.

Speaking of cheap corner cutters, I just recently started to check out Texas Car Kings, they all seem as cheap as the Desert car guys just trying to do minimal and flip cars for quick money. I have to believe any buyers who later watch the show would be pretty unhappy when they see what happens behind the scenes and I would think it would cost them potential new business too, I just don't know why people like that want to be on TV at all. Did DCK get cancelled btw, anyone know?

Also curious if anyone who watched it in the UK or Canada knows what Dylan Miles assessed the value of the Mustang to be?

BTW, nice sig big!:thumbup1:

Yeah, I just finsihed reading thru the other UK forum links you posted, thanks for those BTW!

So here's a question, do you know the website link for the channel 5 station that aired it? I notice 1 or 2 guys saying they watched it online so maybe that's an option for us folk on the other side of the pond. I feel even more compelled to see it after all the bashing and lousy reviews. :clown:

Yeah, I just finsihed reading thru the other UK forum links you posted, thanks for those BTW!

So here's a question, do you know the website link for the channel 5 station that aired it? I notice 1 or 2 guys saying they watched it online so maybe that's an option for us folk on the other side of the pond. I feel even more compelled to see it after all the bashing and lousy reviews. :clown:

Here's the link, it works for me

http://www.channel5.com/shows/classic-car-rescue/episodes/mustang

If it does work for you interested to know what you reckon.

Per a previous post it's not playing in the US. It's only playing on a Canadian broadcast Discovery channel.

Thanks for the update, I probably missed that post or forgot as I am old & forgetful.:confused:

If you guys really want to watch it you can find it on "pirate" sites the stream TV shows. it takes a little digging but I found one. The episode was alright but putting BOSS stripes on a car with what I think was a 2 barrel 302 seemed a bit much to me.

Sorry for not having posted in a while guys. The show is suppose to air Monday Nov 5th, but it appears to be on a pay per view discovery channel. I have tried to find some online episodes from the UK but no luck. If someone finds one, can they post a link.

Thanks

Bill

This episode aired last Friday on Velocity.

Talk about drama. One guy purposely broke to windshield to create drama and get Bernie all fired up. If you pay attention though the windshield that is tested on the Mustang has a shaded band and a rear view mirror. The one he drops (more like throws) is a late model windshield with the dark band all along the sides. Also the smoke from the engine compartment looks totally fake like a smoke bomb laying underneath the car.

Car looks pretty good but they obviously cut corners. And that motor is not making the exhaust note that came out of the television. It is definately dubbed in.

I watched the show last week, partly for the joy of seeing what I would do different. I can't say that I'm a fan of the finished product, or that I agree with their value - but still, at least they brought a project car back to the road, and it looks like they fixed the rust properly in the floors/rockers. But removing the 351w for a 302 in interest of time... I think we all know these restorations can't be rushed, and that car was the result. But at least it's on the road!

I finally recorder and watched the show, I guess this channel is HD only which is why I was unaware I had it, I usually look thru the regular cable guide and then switch to the HD channel. I'll have to give the hwole HD section a once thru I guess and see what else I am missing as this network seems to have some cool shows on it.

So any way, yeah, lots of added and fake drama and some bad decision making for sure but I do agree it's nice to see it back on the road again at least. If I was the appraiser I'd be afraid of losing my business after this aired though.

It aired here in Australia a couple of weeks ago. If they killed off the fake drama it would be ok. Given what they spent on the buying/rebuilding the 302 surely they could have resurrected the 351 in the same time and cost??

I finally caught this episode on Velocity. First of all congrats for being able to get $5k for that bucket. I chuckled a bit on the "rarity" of the car. Good 'ol Marty can make any car a 1 of 1.

As for the show itself, its pretty much what you would expect from anything Bernie is in. He does more yelling than working. I still question how they were able to restore the car for $14k, think it's a little on the low side for an average person that would dump it off at a shop and pay them for the restoration. A good paint job is going to cost $5k, when I rebuilt my trans it cost me $900 and rebuilding my 302 hit me for $2,900. That alone is well over half of their $14k. Too bad that shows like that give people unrealistic financial expectations. Think it contributes to people getting in over their head on rebuilds and end up losing money in the process.