Sign in to follow this  
unfrozen1969

Classic Car Rescue Show

I have been a member of this website for quite awhile and have had a number of dilemnas in regards to keeping or selling my 69 convertible.

Well, I sold to a television show out of the UK called the "Classic Car Rescue Show" which will air on the History Channel. They are building two cars in North America and four cars in the UK. The two North American cars are my mustang and a Cadillac.

This is a first run television show, so lets hope that it gets picked up. Now to look for a project that is a little further along.

Thanks to all of you guys for your help and patience throughout the years.

unfrozen1969

Bill from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I just left you a note on your build thread but I guess I have the answer now. Well, it sounds like in the end it may be the best thing for both you and for the car I guess. How did this happen, did they approach you, did you have it up for sale still? What about your parts cars/collection?

I haven't been able to find anything online yet but if they are restoring and filming first then it could be a year or more away from airing if they don't do it in real time. Do keep us all posted if you hear more.

Ya know, I love the 69 Mustang, but for me it was about recognizing my limitations and the reality of ever getting to enjoy my ride. Also add the fact that I will have two kids entering University in two years, the reality of finishing this car seemed endless. Aside from the space the car took tp, as well as all of the parts. So I discussed this with my wife and put it on kijiji to sell. I had a few guys low ball me, and then I got a call from the producer of the show. He explained that it is a BBC production through the History channel, and they are rebuilding six cars, a porsche, MG, jaguar, a Cadillac and my Mustang, I can't recall the sixth car. The Mustang will eventually be shipped to the Uk for auction. They gave me a respectible price, and I think they liked that I was Mustang guy, with two cats named Boss and Shelby and my youngest daughter who is 9 having her last initial in her name as "M" for Mustang. While filming I had to tell them the story of the car and what it meant to the family. I was more pleased to see the car go to soemone where it will be completed, so I am veyr pleased with the whole experience.

I will always have the desire to own a 69 stang again, especially a fastback, but for the next five years or so, it probably won't be in the cards. I will always keep my eyes open for a parts car though, it is still fun to tear the cars apart without worrying about having to put them back together.

The show is airing in England on 3rd sept on channel 5.and on discovery channel in Canada and the USA on the 15 th October at 8pm on the other car was a mini. And the mustang is done

Thanks for the heads up, so it's the discovery channel and not the history channel as originally posted.

Oh, welcome to the forum BTW.

Just a reminder to all that this show is supposed to air tonight according to the info. I have not verified that yet but my reminder just went off on my calendar so I remember to check for it when I get home tonight.

Just a reminder to all that this show is supposed to air tonight according to the info. I have not verified that yet but my reminder just went off on my calendar so I remember to check for it when I get home tonight.

I just checked Discovery Channel's tv line up for tonight & it is NOT listed to be aired tonight. :(

Here's a link to a teaser promo (scroll down to the "Mustang" episode and click the mosaic). Kind of odd, they show them "evaluating" the unrestored car (a beat up '68 coupe), then they show them restomodding Unfrozen's vert -- creating a grabber blue Boss 302 tribute (convertible). Clearly not the same car. Weird.

http://www.discoveryworld.ca/galleryList.aspx?sid=45939

Edited by 69RavenConv

Well I think the mystery as to why no one in the US saw it is solved. The URL provided is a Canandian based domain name and it says that it aired on Discovery World HD which is a Canadian channel not available in the US.

And Bernie Fineman is no stranger to Discovery as he used to have another car show called Bangla Bangers.

Edited by Big Secz

Well I think the mystery as to why no one in the US saw it is solved. The URL provided is a Canandian based domain name and it says that it aired on Discovery World HD which is a Canadian channel not available in the US.

Yeah, I noticed that, too, although one would hope Discovery U.S. would carry it at some point. The finished car looks strangely familiar, too, I just can't place where I've seen one like it before.... :innocent::innocent::innocent:

Yeah, I noticed that, too, although one would hope Discovery U.S. would carry it at some point. The finished car looks strangely familiar, too, I just can't place where I've seen one like it before.... :innocent::innocent::innocent:

Brings back memories.

Sorry to disappoint you guys but the episode aired on Monday in the UK and lets just say Mustang enthusiats won't be impressed with the programme.

Heres a couple of links to threads on the UK forums

http://www.mocgb.net/forums/showthread.php?51365-classic-car-rescue

http://www.classic-mustang.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=92tf8g355030johbbm0v205gg3&topic=10957.msg73404;topicseen#new