Sign in to follow this  
wfridolfson

headliner

I have seen the pros use a steamer on headliners and vinyl seat covers to get them snugged up and smooth. They have a wand affair they slide along the surface and behind the material where they can and it's fed by a a boiler/steamer. Pretty basic but what I have seen works like magic.

ok i put new headliner in my 69 fastback but it has more wrinkles than clothes left in a drier for days,lol, any ideas on how to get someof it out

Thye used a hair dryer on mine , it worked well and then what didn't come out there came out after being in the warm garage for 4 months

Use a heat gun or hair dryer, just keep it moveing around so you don't melt the vinyl. I would pull it loose along the wrinkled areas and try to stretch it after you used the heat source on it. I do upholstery work for a living and this is what I do. it takes a little time but you can do it. Also a few good hot days in the sun will get rid of some wrinkles it they are small.

Use a heat gun or hair dryer, just keep it moveing around so you don't melt the vinyl. I would pull it loose along the wrinkled areas and try to stretch it after you used the heat source on it. I do upholstery work for a living and this is what I do. it takes a little time but you can do it. Also a few good hot days in the sun will get rid of some wrinkles it they are small.

a light misting of water from a spray bottle before letting it sit closed up on a hot day will help also. kind of an organic steamer....