Sign in to follow this  
latoracing

Has anyone used any Gateway products?

I went to the "Fun Ford" event at Rockingham Dragway in NC over the weekend and met up with the guys from Gateway Classic Mustangs. They offer a performance suspension setup for the front and rear of any classic Mustangs. I am trying to decide on which of the many aftermarket companies I would like my ride to be linked to the wheels with. They offer a strut front suspension design that I am still not so shure about. I do however like the 3-link rear suspension setup. I want to know what everyone thinks...

http://gatewayclassicmustang.com/:punk:

I would highly recommend a look at the offerings from Street or Track. Excellent quality, great customer service and they race the hell out of everything they sell. That's where I spent my money!

All I could find on their website was a front suspension that appears based on the SN95 strut suspension, which on many accounts is inferior to an SLA suspension. Couldn't find anything on there about a rear suspension. I second the recommendation for the Street or Track front suspension. They too have a 3-link that is in the testing phase IIRC. Their suspension is actually designed and coilover shocks tuned specifically for the suspension with Bilstein, so its not a hodgpodge of OEM or circletrack parts like some in the aftermarket.

I personaly questioned the use of a strut design for the front. They do incorporate SN-95 hub parts, specally designed 4130 spindles, and they have custom brake packages, based off their design. I know that we are playing with 40 year old cars, and designs, but it works, and works well. SLAs are more stable, and the steering is better. Gona pull up Street or Track n see what the have...