Sign in to follow this  
kenyu73

Which leaf spring hole??

yes, center holes "center" the rear, the two outer ones are for the u bolts...

The ubolts dont connect here, those connect to a bracket under the axle. The axle mount sits flat on top of the leaf.

The ubolts dont connect here, those connect to a bracket under the axle. The axle mount sits flat on top of the leaf.

yes, sorry about that. had another vehicle in mind ( my truck is set up like that)... it "might" be an added hole on the front side to center the rear in the fenderwell better. mine needs the same treatment:

photo33.jpg

Thanks for the confirmations on the center hole!

it "might" be an added hole on the front side to center the rear in the fenderwell better. mine needs the same treatment:

Using the top hole would push your wheel even more forward. Unless you used that hole, then using the center would fix ya up...

center hole.

did you finish your engine build/thread?

Never did an engine build thread. Engine is still in the car untouched.

Edited by kenyu73

yes, sorry about that. had another vehicle in mind ( my truck is set up like that)... it "might" be an added hole on the front side to center the rear in the fenderwell better. mine needs the same treatment:

photo33.jpg

I think that may be somewhat normal. My tires sit about 1" closer to the front of the wheel housing as well. I think your 30" wheels just make it that much closer!

yeah, i think the norm is a little forward, although as many of these as i have fooled with over the years i've seen them all over the place. this one has never been wrecked & nothing has ever been apart so is a good guage as to how they left the factory.

wheels are off my 36 ford p/u. :)

IMG_0506.jpg

Edited by SELLERSRODSHOP