miketyler

Question on power mirrors mod

I wanted to add that the connector on the driver's side servo just barely doesn't fit through the hole in the base of the 69's mirror pedestal. I should be buying some larger drill bits soon (for another car-related project) and will use one to open the hole just a tad.

Chuck

Well the servo on my passenger side Fox body mirrors are nearly identical to the 96-98 mirror servo that I have as well, so it would be strange they'd change suppliers for a year or two....but hey anything is possible!

Got an 08-10 Ford Ranger mirror control from ebay user Switchland for $12 shipped, just waiting for it to show up. FYI the Ranger has the same part number 7F9T-17B676-AA3JA6 as the 05-09 Mustang mirror, for those that may be looking.

Since the original 70 mustang mirror control bezel is chrome, would it look too tacky to install the chrome dressup kit for the 05-09 Mustang mirror control? See below pic.

$T2eC16hHJG!E9nm3sBWLBRS1NJTmmg~~60_12.JPGattachment.php?attachmentid=13569&d=1362453568

My first thought was the top switch looks really nice. I don't think it would look out of place.

I will most likely put my switch in the center console, but I haven't gotten that far.

As for the passenger's side servo -- It is quite possible it was swapped out at some point. I do not know the history of the donor car, so anything is possible. It does have a small cable extension which may have been used to adapt the aftermarket servo to the SN95 wiring. Who knows?

For me, the issue is I still need to acquire a passenger's side servo (or something that will work). The driver's side fits perfectly and I have access to one to fabricate the bracket. So, I will most likely just get a second when the time comes.

Chuck

Well I'm to the point of putting the glass on and realized my stock glass is pretty scratched up. I'm also not sure I can get the glass off without breaking it. I've found the passenger side convex mirror glass from CJ Pony, but have come up empty on the drivers side glass. Where is everyone getting their drivers mirror glass? I'll go to a glass company if I have to, but was trying to find a more economical solution.

Mike how did you handle the wiring connector on the mirror motors? The SN95 motors have a tiny connector that I cannot find the mate to anywhere, and the fox body motors have a more common connector but it is kind of large. I'm thinking about just using single spade connectors offset in the harness so they don't pass through the hole at the same time.

I pulled the door-side wiring with the mirrors. I also managed to get another passenger side mirror. This one appears to be much smaller than my original donor mirror, which leads me to agree it was probably swapped out at some point.