Sign in to follow this  
Powershift

*1970 Mach 1 front seats FOR SALE*

Fully assembled seats, including both seat's tracks. The upholstery is in great condition. The seats have the black Mach 1 stripe.

$850 + Shipping

I can't imagine shipping will be too cheap, as they are fully assembled seats.

2zqzt37.jpg

1zv4fb7.jpg

My new seats should be here today or tomorrow, so these are on the market!

Nice looking seats, but I think they're 1969 and not 1970's. '70's have the seat back release lever towards the bottom and not in the middle like yours. Anyway, This is a good thing since there's more 69 stangs on this site an '70's and those seats fit and look good in either year IMHO.

Nice looking seats, but I think they're 1969 and not 1970's. '70's have the seat back release lever towards the bottom and not in the middle like yours. Anyway, This is a good thing since there's more 69 stangs on this site an '70's and those seats fit and look good in either year IMHO.

Every '70 Mach I've seen has the exact same lever setup. ??

Even the new seat covers for '70 mach shows it the same way.....

http://www.mustanginteriorparts.com/product/43-72020-Comfortweave.html

Not that the year of seat between the two cars really makes much of a visual difference.

EDIT: The more searching I do online, the more I am finding you may be right! HA HA! Either way, the seats are in GREAT condition, and would look perfect in either year car.

Edited by Powershift

Every '70 Mach I've seen has the exact same lever setup. ??

Even the new seat covers for '70 mach shows it the same way.....

http://www.mustanginteriorparts.com/product/43-72020-Comfortweave.html

Not that the year of seat between the two cars really makes much of a visual difference.

Nope, those are '69 seats and to some people, it does make a difference. There were a lot more high backed buckets in 1970, so the '69 models (the lever in the middle of the side, not the bottom) are actually more desirable. If you were closer, I'd buy them as I could use a nice set of '69 seats for my Mach.

Sounds logical to me. The lever is certainly easy to reach on these seats.

I guess this is just another thing the rotisserie resto strayed from on originality a few years ago with my car.

Anyone ever shipped assembled seats? I'm guessing it takes a "bigass" box, and that they aren't cheap to ship due to weight and size?

The only thing I know for sure about shipping seats in general is it is a lot cheaper to ship them if you unbolt the back from the bottom. Putting two seat backs in one flat long box and two bottoms in a small square box with no real wasted space in either can actually be shipped snail mail USPS.

The only thing I know for sure about shipping seats in general is it is a lot cheaper to ship them if you unbolt the back from the bottom. Putting two seat backs in one flat long box and two bottoms in a small square box with no real wasted space in either can actually be shipped snail mail USPS.

Great info! Thanks!!