Sign in to follow this  
69stang

My New Ride

approved! :D Love the color scheme! I'd love to get something like that, but unfortunately car seats (2) don't quite fit and I'd be afraid of the road salt eating up this beater :)

ps. slight tangent, how goes the turbo build in your straight-6?

Thanks for the compliments ... and I would have preferred a 911 (even if they are fake backseats) but the price tag was too good on this to skip (12k and it has 71k miles).

I ended up not going with the Turbo straight 6 unfortunately. I still kinda wish I did, but I just didn't have enough experience or friends with experience to do the job. I ended up doing a complete swap - 302 (AFR heads, Offenhauser Intake, Spreadbore carb (Quadroject style), Hooker Long Tube Headers, 8" rear, 5 speed). The car ended up amazing as a daily driver (how I used it for the past few years. Can you believe I actually average around 30mpg in that thing if I'm nice to it?!!

Yep, I believe 30mpg. Back in the late 70's I had a 65 coupe I traded a guy a $42 scope for.. I never checked the mileage, but it would quite a ways on a buck of gas.

30MPG!!! Thats crazy talk. How'd you manage that? No traffic, highway gears and the 5-speed?

The car is "Dual Mode" (my concept behind it) .. the SMALL primaries on the spreadbore carb with the offenhauser intake (literally 2 intakes in 1) one for the VERY small primaries and and one for the very LARGE secondaries.