Sign in to follow this  
MustangGT

Part number or source for under dash lights

I picked up the brackets for the under dash interior courtesy lights but I am missing the socket/wire. I have found a set on Flea-Bay but hate to spend crazy cash if there is a better solution. Below are the lights I am talking about.

Looks like a simple 1 wire socket setup -- but many times things are not as they seem. Anyone seen a source for these?

They are a simple 1-wire socket, ground is supplied throught the metal lower dash. Shop manual shows p/n C9ZB-13707-A. I don't know if they're reproduced, a quick Google search seems to indicate they aren't. I'd try the various used parts dealers; I would think these would be present in even the sorriest hulk of a former car, and shouldn't be too rare or expensive but I could be wrong.

They are one wire; I was looking at mine last week. I ordered new bulbs from CJ Pony because the driver's is broken with the base still in the socket.

I would assume they are hooked to the same circuit as the rear interior courtesy lights as they all come on when the doors are opened. Connect the black wire you have there to the correct spot on the fuse box.

Ed -

Can you tell if the socket assembly pulls out easily or is it pressed in? Is it plug into your dash harness? Do the two sides share a common wire? Also, can you post a picture of them installed? I would like to see how they are supposed to look.

Edited by MustangGT

The driver's side goes right above the parking brake release and is held with a small hex head sheet metal screw. I'll add a picture in the morning. The passenger goes above the fresh air vent.

The connectors on yours are original. The wire from the passenger side runs over to the driver side where it is crimped in the female side of that connector with the power supply wire. Both wires are black with a blue stripe.

Here are the pictures.

1) Driver side mounting location

2) Passenger side mounting

3) bullet connector on driver's side with two wires going in

The power supply wire seems to merge in with the large harness that goes into the fuse block. Look around to see if your old wiring is already there.