Sign in to follow this  
Boss302

Driverside Door Mirrior with Control rod

i hope i explained it well enough in the title...

So,its been nagging me...since i took off the driverside door, i found the mirrior control metal tube/rod, was in the way of the window.

i though i had in place, when i had the door panel back on...needless to say i was wrong

When i roll the window down, it goes about 5inches, and snags on the mirrior control rod, you can see the control switch move when this happens...now since my window isnt on the track right, ill just slide the window towards the back, most of the time the rod is free from the snag, and ill roll it all the way down.

Is there a special way to properly secure it to the door panel, or a added piece to tie it down...or a prope way to route the metal control rod.

Anyone else have this issue? and how did you resolve it?

20081123_0052.314133311_std.jpg

Well, what I can tell you is that the mirror you have pictured here is a 70 mirror. And if you are using it in a 69 door panel then it will angle into the window's path. The 69 Mirror has a right angled joystick. The 70 mirror is straight. The 70 door panel is molded differently than the 69. Prolly to make up for the different joystick. Hope that helps. Bruce

Well, what I can tell you is that the mirror you have pictured here is a 70 mirror. And if you are using it in a 69 door panel then it will angle into the window's path. The 69 Mirror has a right angled joystick. The 70 mirror is straight. The 70 door panel is molded differently than the 69. Prolly to make up for the different joystick. Hope that helps. Bruce

make sense...just wish it wouldnt say SPORTS MIRROR 69/70

that was a while ago though...oh well.

thanks

I had the same problem. Got '70 mirrors and didn't realize there were differences until they were painted and I tried to install them. Pain in the butt to get the nut to grab enough threads and the cables are in the way. I routed mine along the top of the window near the front and through one of the door openings. It keeps things out of the way. I can sometimes feel the cable hitting the window when rolling up the window but it doesn't bind the window.

interesting...across the top of the window area, and down then looped thru a door opening...

i used ONE zip tie, gawd i use a shit load of those all the time...but thought, eh, ONE should do it, and be safe enough where it would hang.

ill have to try what rangerdoc did to his...

i checked Mustangs Unlimited...still labeled as 69/70

thanks