Sign in to follow this  
gt69mach1

69 Mach 1 Poor idle

Well i just got the new stall converter in..I couldn't be happier..That did the trick, It runs great, tons of power and tourqe..after 3 months of screwing around with timing, carb, and everthing else I was told to try. Thats all I needed was more stall!!

I absolutely love having a stally, a whole lot of fun. Not quite as good as having a manual but still very cool. I love stalling it up enough to let the ass hang out off the line and letting the brake go and doing a fishy up the road. Almost like having a clutch without having a clutch!

As a matter of interest I had a little win with my engines timing. I have managed to put a heavier spring on my distributor mechanical advance which has settle down my timing bounce at idle. This has allowed me to back my timing off about 20 degrees so it is closer to a more normal range.

Yea but it comes at a cost. The lighter spring over standard is needed to allow the timing to advance quicker with the upgraded engine specs. So by changing to a heavier spring it will cost me some in acceleration, but hey I still got my stally!