Sign in to follow this  
Mach1-69

Turn Signal Problem -(left side)

I read through the past posts on this, but didn't find my situation.

Left side turn signal dosent blink, the lights turn on,(front and back) when you press the signal down but dosent blink. the right side works, the hazards work (all four), and the brake lights work. any help I would appreciate it.

Thanks

A short list of checks is: 1) Check for poor connections at the light sockets and pigtail plugs. 2) Check for bad grounds. 3) Check bulbs. I have seen bulbs light up but still be bad and not draw enough current for the blinker to operate. 4) Make sure all the bulbs are correct. FYI, after you clean any suspicious plug connectors or light sockets apply some dielectric grease to the connector or bulb terminals. It will help seal the connection and prevent further corrosion.

When I was in high school my older brother had your very problem quite often on a 69 Mach 1 and it always came down to a corroded light socket, or a poor connection or ground.

Found the problem. It was the front left bulb, put a new one in, and it started working.

I didn't think of replacing it before because the old one was lighting up, but not blinking.

Thanks 1969 mach1 and everyone's replies