Sign in to follow this  
proud2bawesome

IVR wire problem!

Hey guys,

So I've been working on this coupe I got a few weeks ago and my latest job has to get the dash gauges and lights to work. Today I installed a new IVR. No dice. Then I take a closer look at the plug that goes into the circuit board and see that wire #11, aka the IVR wire, is just hanging out of the end of the plug.

My problem is that I'm trying to figure out where I can find the other end of this wire so I can reconnect it- is it straight back? bundled on the left? And where does it connect to? My manuals aren't too helpful on this sort of thing.

Picture:

http://i.imgur.com/sFwNl.jpg

I have a 70 mach 1 and that black wire if I remember correctly shares the pin with a purple wire. It goes to nothing!(listed in the wiring diagram as a blind circuit for testing purposes during production) I looks like the previous owner cut a ground wire. I initially grounded mine and my fuel gauge didn't work. I checked all my gauges with a drill battery before i tried to install to make sure they were working. Also I found info in another thread that you must also ground the entire cluster which is done through the mounting screws or the gauges won't work. Hopefully this will save you a lot hrs. of headaches. Let us know how you make out

I think you have a different problem than this wire. If I understand that a IVR is the instrument voltage regulator, it has nothing to do with the dash lights. You also mentioned problems with them. Try connecting a seperate ground wire to the metal on the instru panel. I will bet this is the problem. It is the only thing in common between the IVR and dash lights.